SICK PAGE

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
elljay
Lively Laner

Post by elljay »

I was just about to post on here about the Charles Linden programmes called 'Stress something ' on the Body in Balance channel (its on Sky, not sure about Freeview). Sorry can't remember exact title. He suffered from anxiety attacks which is exactly what people are describing and his tv shows are really quite good and common sense too - relaxation, attitude, dealing with people who sap your energy, managing trauma and grief - and no, he isn't American.

And then I read Sharon's news and it puts other things into proportion. There's not a lot I can say except how desperately sorry I am, if it's any help my father also had Alzheimers and died young at 72, I also live miles away. I'm sure there are others on here who have had similar experiences too and along with them if there's anything I can offer, maybe just support or information, then you know where we are. Sometimes it's easier to talk to people you don't know - well in the flesh that is.

And you will get through it, after the initial shock you'll find you have loads of strength you never knew you had and appreciate and enjoy his and your mother's friendship and company as never before, my father was my father even in the worst periods of his illness with little things that delighted him and us right up to the end. You'll be able to laugh together - maybe at different things than before - and I have some great memories even of his illness. Anyway if he's just been diagnosed you've all got a journey ahead and it isn't all gloom and doom, really it isn't.

And grandchildren are joys of my life, yours will help to lift you.

Liz
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Oh Sharon, what else is life going to throw at you :? hope you can get to see your dad soon, and you MUST keep taking your meds or you will be exhausted again :!:
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

Thankyou Liz for your wonderful words, , i feel like my life is falling apart, my DAD is the bestest in the world, luv him to bits so was totally shattered , still am.
find it hard to accept, although its not easy to accept, guess time is a good cure.
Kate i am again taking the meds so i can cope , im just waiting for the next thing, i am now feeling pesermistic, i feel if it can go wrong it will!, they say it comes in 3s , ive had 3 now so i pray this is the last shocker
thanks GRATEFULLY for your moral support your all BRILLIANT
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It doesn't come in three's Sharon, it comes in one's, two's or eight's or more etc.

The hardest thing to accept is that things happen and they're sure to.

I believe it's absolutely not the case of 'pick yourself and start all over again', it's more learning to live with things.

You have to let bad things, times or people close to you who have gone, walk beside you and not in front of you.
You can turn to them when you feel the time is right to do so, they're always there and will never ever leave you.

Life is horrible sometimes isn't it, but sadness and pain is a part of that - tain't easy Gal.

Hang on in there and as selfish as it may seem, think about yourself as number one sometimes, others will admire you and you'll admire yourself.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Poor Sharon!

Richard is right life isnt easy at times!

Things will get better so will you! )t'

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Oh Sharon. You're really not having a good time at the moment are you. Keep looking after yourself and I'm sure you'll find the strength to carry on. It won't be easy but the support of your family and friends will help you.

Thinking of you, big (((hugs))) from me

Lucy x
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Sharon I am so sorry for your woes.

It seems so unfair when such bad things happen to such good people, as I have read on here over the last few weeks.

Richard is right. You will find the strength to carry on and make the most of the time you have left with your parents. You have already achieved a lot in your life, which took strength of character and courage. You will cope with this although it will be very hard.

My thoughts are with you )t'
Jackie xx
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

I am sorry to burden you all with my woes , but i have no one else to talk to, i have no family here, its hard to talk to my family as i suffer not alone and we are finding it hard to talk, the neighbours here dont/wont talk so i live with it,the only shoulders so to speak are you here,and i am so very grateful for your support in helping me keep strong,(MEGA THANKYOU ALL)
im trying to keep busy to take my mind off things, and awaiting the baby, if i stop i think and i get emotional and cry,so got to keep busy, glad i dont smoke,otherwise i think the firebrigade would be here , too much smoke!!!!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Sharon you can always talk to us, it must be tough living in a foreign country with all your family back here. You never mentioned a baby I don't think anyway, when is it due? Keep your chin up gal, take care x
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

im not having the baby!!!, its my daughter , my first grandchild is due any minute:):)
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

:oops: I thought maybe that was it, but as I don't know how old you are I didn't want to possibly insult you by saying grandchild :-D

I hope the baby brings fresh joy to you, a new life always cheers things up, and you certainly need some good things right now :?
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

so i am going to count my blessing 1 by 1, and have the strength of you all behind me to carry me on further, I LOVE YOU ALL , THANK YOU RICHARD for making dtl, your also brilliant
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

me KATE, im 42, 43 in july
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

You are just a baby then :-D Its my half century in December (no parties, I am going to find a nice hotel and sneak off with hubs hopefully!)
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Kate, if i had my way for my half century id find me a hotel and send the bill to oh, and have a swell of a time , meaning swellegent, intelligent and fantastic time! without him!i need a rest toomen are nice oh k, but you need girl power time too,this man annoys me to the tip of a ice berg, i want time for me,(quality time)no i dont mean quality street chocs)