Tennis elbow?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks for that link bluebell, I will investigate Rhus Tox further. I think the main thing is rest, but how to do this when it is my right arm? I cannot even stir a cup of tea left handed :?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Physio gave me this page for exercise ref Tennis Elbow

Note the mention of ice. It will only benefit if it is inflamed though.

At the end of the day, Bowlers submerge themselves in the Ice Bath, then climb out straight into a Hot one. This relieves and loosens the muscles.....

http://www.nismat.org/ptcor/tennis_elbow/
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
hfbinnie
Lively Laner

Post by hfbinnie »

WARNING do not do those exercises if you have hypermobile joints.

I have to use the ice and heat methods at times Richard when things get bad...I have a 'tennis' every joint in my body at times :shock: In other words wide spread tendinitis.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks Richard, interesting reading, I thought when I woke up that it was ok today, but as soon as I started to do something the pain came back. Goes to show it needs more rest before I start to do the exercises - HFB I don't have double (?) joints so should be OK once the time is right I think?

I am still using it for light stuff, which appears to be right from the article - to rest from strenuous activity but keep it moving to stop the muscles atrophying. But as soon as I forget and lift something a little heavy the pain reminds me not to :shock:
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

After spending so much time in tears from the pain in my arm yesterday, hubby managed to get an me appointment at the doctors. I think he was worried that it was more than tennis elbow.

Well it is tenis elbow, and my lovely doctor showed me a thing called a tennis elbow clasp. The tubular bandage wasn't really helping. The clasp goes round the forearm and presses on the tendon so that it kind of hinges from the pressure point rather than the elbow where it is inflamed. I have made a temporary one out of a cut down piece of tubigrip and a big button while I await delivery of the real thing. Already I can feel a lessening of the pain and am still able to use my right hand for light work (not lifting).

He said it should take about 4 to 6 weeks to heal.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Good news Kate at least you have had it confimed now!

Hopefully it will take the pressure off a bit, tendon pain is not nice!

I had a hand op for carpal tunnel last year, my doctor says it was a waste of time as the pains i get in my hands are from my neck!

Happy healing!

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks Stace. Do you still get pain in your hands? My mum had an op for cts a few years ago and it seems to have helped her.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

YES I DO kATE!

It was a total waste of time for me, my hands are always stiff and knuckles are swollen, the nerves from your neck run down into the tunnels on your hands which is why i was misdiagnosed, the neck problems are still there

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Sorry to hear that Stace, after my last few weeks its bad enough, but at least I am hoping that it will go away. It always amazes me in this day and age the things that just cannot be cured, and how many times people just have to carry on taking pain killers instead of getting to the cause of it.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Yes very true kate!

I have had this problem for many years, neck left shoulder, but over the past months oits gotten alot worse!

I fell of a horse when i was about 30 went straight over her head landed badly on the left side.

Going for Physio next tuesday so am hoping that will help abit!

My job dosnt help being a Carer is not ideal for the neck thing, i also do alot of driving none of these help the situation at all!

Stace
Bev xx

kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

It is so hard not using a limb, even when it hurts.

Good luck with the physio :-D