Coeliac disease/fibromyalgia

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
yorkshire lass
Lively Laner

Coeliac disease/fibromyalgia

Post by yorkshire lass »

Just wondering if there are any fellow suffers on here?
I was diagnosed with Coeliac disease in 2003, 3rd son and
our daughter are both wheat intollerent. Diagnosed with
Fibro in March last year. You can imagine the fun I have cooking
:)
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Goodness its difficult enough when you just have one that won't eat onions, one that won't eat peas and one that will, one that will eat beans but not peas, one that loves eggs and one that hates them and so on.

Are you in pain a lot with the firbomyalgia? How do you control it?
yorkshire lass
Lively Laner

Post by yorkshire lass »

Hi, yes the pain gets me down at times, its a case of
having a good g.p and finding the right medication
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Is it a life thing or can it eventually stop? I have damaged the tendons in my forearm (called tennis elbow but never played!) and although nowhere near what you are suffering, it is constantly there reminding me. Yesterday talking to my mum she said it could take a long time to get better or it may never go away - thanks mum!
yorkshire lass
Lively Laner

Post by yorkshire lass »

kate egg wrote:Is it a life thing or can it eventually stop? I have damaged the tendons in my forearm (called tennis elbow but never played!) and although nowhere near what you are suffering, it is constantly there reminding me. Yesterday talking to my mum she said it could take a long time to get better or it may never go away - thanks mum!

Don't know if I am allowed to link, but this give more information

http://www.fibromyalgia-associationuk.org/index.php

From what I have learned I first started having problems after
a fall 15 years ago, it can be caused by Truma (excuse spelling)
Things just gradually got worse, inclding my short term memory.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Reading through the symptoms I felt like it was describing me! I could agree with all of the symptoms except the last two. And my memory sometimes lets me down, but I put that down to having too much info thrown at me in the first place.

I don't have any constant pain though other than this blooming arm, and pain in the lower abdomen, left and right from time to time, so I think it just scared me a bit!
hfbinnie
Lively Laner

Post by hfbinnie »

after trauma...yes would fit

fibro is the bodies distress call, I have it too as I have hypermobility = constant pain and dislocations (often painless).

Your sort term memory is probably being effected because of the lack of sleep, lack of sleep means more pain and the circle continues. Ditto with your coeliac disease, although I am no expert in any of the problems, just been around the block and down the hill a few times! :)

I would ask your GP to send you for some pain management, as well as sorting out the correct pain killers for you. You have to get to a state whereby you can lock the pain away in a vault in the back of your head for 90% of the time, well that's what I do anyway.