Mole Screening and Skin

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Mole Screening and Skin

Post by Richard »

At the start of every Cricket Season, I am indebted to the Professional Cricketers Association for allowing me to join the Team in having a screening.

Last year they referred a couple of my Moles, tests came back OK.

Today, I had another one. The tests were again OK, but they also did the test where you put your head inside a bag type thingy and see yourself in a strange blue colour.
All the white bits are dead skin and the dark blodges are pigmentation. The Consultant said these should be separate from one another - mine's a sort of mass splurge !

It's OK, except the skin is giving away to age, wear and tear etc., but it is an eye opener isn't it.

Of the 20 who had the scan, two are having Moles removed, but you have to account they travel the World in an almost permanent summer.
Even so, it does show how important it is to protect your skin, wear that sunscreen and be, what you could call, responsible to yourself.

Being the age I am (and many more on Forum maybe), they only really pushed suntan lotion when package holidays started around the mid 1960s and even then, it was to 'avoid sunburn', not about future consequences.

Oh well, just felt like writing that !

Richard )t'

(I got a free sample of Factor 50 - blimey, if I use it, it's usually Factor 7!)
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Richard I remember in the late 60s my auntie using olive oil as a sun cream - to kind of roast herself in the sun :shock: :shock:

We certainly live and learn.....
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

ITS ALWAYS BEST TO GET THEM CHECKED OUT!

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I had treatment for skin cancer last year - it was a non melanoma type and on my nose - very typical of sun damage.

The reason i even noticed it was because my mum had a cancerous mole when I was 8 years old and was given 3 months to live. They sent her for pioneering radiation treatment at Brighton and she lived until her mid 70s and it never recurred! So I keep an eye out for any changes.
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

I am extremely fair skinned and have never liked being in the sun, I burn dreadfully. So I avoid it at all costs. Also I wear a hat or have a brolly if I have to walk in it as well as a factor 25 sun screen.
I have a sister who has photosensitivity. She has had many skin cancers removed and has to wear factor 60 all year round, even under clothing !. The sun can be very dangerous.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning