Photography

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Photography

Post by lancashire lass »

I just want to go outside and play but I'm stuck at work - I've had my new DSLR camera about 6 weeks now and although I'm enjoying the new challenges, my greatest love is close ups (macro work) and I've been very disappointed so far. I need a proper dedicated macro lens but yike* it'll cost nearly twice the camera & lenses I've already got combined. I couldn't justify it. I've been reading up and getting some advice and decided to try a much cheaper option using extension tubes and/or close up lenses at a fraction of the cost which you can screw onto the front of the standard lens. The tubes arrived today and I had a quick play at lunch time at work (wow!) but I just want to get out there and start clicking away. By the time I get home, the light is going to be poor {cry}
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Photography

Some images taken with the extension tubes :-D I'm really pleased with the first attempts especially as the light was fading by the time I'd got home and the camera was struggling to capture. Enjoy!

Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I think you've got the hang of it, LL. very nice indeed. I'm envy}}

Ilona
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

thank you Ilona - I can't wait until tomorrow morning ... take a wild guess what I'll be doing

(f+
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Wow those are great photos. Well done )t'
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Errmmmm, in your garden on your hands and knees, {rofwl}

Ilona
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Post by Mallard »

Great pics! And you've got something I've not seen yet this year, a ladybird! 8)
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

thanks for the replies - that is the first 2 spot ladybird I've ever seen. It was on the cherry tree which is also full of larvae - but I've just been informed that the larvae could be dreaded Harlequin ladybird that is invading Britain (they are very predatory and eat even the native British ladybirds too {cry} ) This is one I took a photo of yesterday

Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Beautiful photos LL, absolutely gorgeous.
I love macro photography, but I dont think I would have the patience for it (or the cash LoL)
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
taff
Longlasting Laner

Post by taff »

I just googled it, looks like it is harlequin larvae.... :(
the bee wings look fantastic.
to err is human..to moo, bovine...
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

Keep going, they are fab pics. I love doing macro stuff with nature pics, it gives you a different perspective. I took a close up of Felix's nose, cats noses are amazing! I actually have a folder in my puter on just noses :-D
Looove chucks!
PetHeaven
Lively Laner

Post by PetHeaven »

Well done-they're great and you found a way without spending loads. I'm also interested in photography and like Seahorses love close ups of my pets-I've done a few noses and whiskers! Boo-pictured, is so great for photos as the black and white and big white whiskers make great close ups.
I'm trying to do portraits but need to get more people willing to sit for me. I've also got into photo editing and have converted some photos into oil paint-with good results (at least I think so). Have attached one of Dartmouth, the original picture was nice but I needed to crop it to get rid of some unwanted bits, and then I saw the colourful houses, but when I zoomed in they were a bit blurred so I tried some effects to mask it and came up with this in oil paint!!
Are you thinking of doing any courses?
Attachments
Dartmouth houses
Dartmouth houses
IMGP1004crop2oilpaint.jpg (168.07 KiB) Viewed 3425 times
When is a chicken not a chicken?....when its a battery hen!
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

I have considered doing a course but as I also work full time, I already feel guilty going out with my friends for a meal out every blue moon because of the dog - I just think it would be too cruel (she is such a softie & craves company) even if it was only once a week thing. Plus with the allotments and gardening projects I have so much going on I simply don't have the time! For now I'm just practicing and learning how to do things as they come along. I also got a photo editing software which I'm trying to learn as well - I've discovered photomerge and so far been pleased with the results. The file will be too big to post here, but you can see it on this link

http://www.growveg.info/gallery/main.ph ... emId=89052

If you increase the size to maximum or the next size up (you'll see drop down list on top right hand side of the screen), you have to use the bottom scroll bar to move across which is how you would be viewing the scenery if you were actually there. I'm impressed how the software edited out any seams, and it was so easy to do as well.
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Lancashire Lass! Your photographs are fantastic! I especially love the honey bee and the ladybird. Well done you :-D

Ma Larkin
manda

Post by manda »

WOW )t' )t' )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny