Help !! A new theatre.

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
SHewson
Lively Laner

Help !! A new theatre.

Post by SHewson »

Hi All

Just thought I would tell you about a project in sunny Grimsby.

Class Act Charitable Trust is a charity that supports a local organisation that offers children and adults theatre training (I am the Chairman). The children come from all walks of life and the discipline they learn from performing original productions written by our Principal (hard hitting emotional stuff) has helped so many along their way. One of the pupils has been in Brittania High and just got a part in Emmerdale.

With the adults it is all about gaining confidence and some that joined 5 years ago couldn't say boo to a goose and now are performing in front of over 100 people.

We rent various premises for rehearsals and shows but have now decided to help more people we are going to find a building and develop our own small theatre and include dance classes Dj ing classes and anything else that wiil help people through arts.

Problem being we really are a small committee all with jobs and families. So if anyone has any experience of such a thing, can recommend any organisations giving out grants, or has any other suggestions we would love to hear from you.

If you fancy having a look at the website to see what the theatre company does: www.classacttheatrecompany.com

Simon
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Re: Help !! A new theatre.

Post by Meanqueen »

Hi Simon, your productions look very professional, I'm impressed. Have you told anyone on Radio Humberside about this? I am in the Grimsby studios on Thursday morning, for a chat with Lara King between 9 and 10, I will print your post out and take it with me. I will ask if they can invite you onto the programme to chat about it.

Ilona
SHewson
Lively Laner

Post by SHewson »

Hi Ilona

Radio Humberside know us quite well David Wrightam our principal reads the news for them lol.

However this a new part of the venture so any publicity would help.

Glad you liked the look of some of the productions. I know a lot of the children but when they get on stage they ARE different people. The last production I worked on with them had me going through all sorts of emotions.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's ok then, as long as they know about you. )t'

Ilona
SHewson
Lively Laner

Post by SHewson »

Just thought I would update you.

We have found an old warehouse needs lots of work doing on it but is ideal for what we want. So the long process of negotiating with landlords and funding organisations begins.

Took the floor plans to rehearsal on Wednesday and everyone was really excited.

)c(