Born again puss

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Born again puss

Post by Meanqueen »

Following on from the crochet beads and stone, I have given this ornament a new lease of life. Pot cat is looking a bit tatty {cry} so I have given him a new coat. :-D

Start at the bottom, crochet round and round, increasing and decreasing to fit the contours, no pattern, make it up. Draw a picture before you start to show where the markings should go. Hey presto, this is Oscar, good for a few more years yet. He is ten inches tall. 8)

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Re: Born again puss

Post by kate egg »

Ilona that is bril, you really brought a smile to my face :-D with your puss. What a clever gal you are )t'
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

He's lovely, what a super idea. :-D
Looove chucks!
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

This would work with any simple pot ornament you can buy at a car boot sale for a few pence. You could even change the design completely, by whatever you sew on the outside. Depending on your crochet skills, you could try diiferent shapes, squares, pyramids, etc. I am toying with the idea of using a block of wood from the corner of a pallet, covering it with crochet and making a house. I will experiment with that one.

Ilona
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

I quite liked the look of your pot cat, Ilona! )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/