I've bitten the bullet!!

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Re: I've bitten the bullet!!

Post by ma larkin »

Gook luck Meg with your new venture! Your items are lovely! I really hope you sell them. I used to have an Art Craft and Design shop, and I would have sold your pin cushions.

Ma Larkin (f+
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

How strange, I made around five lavender bags with sprays on with hanging loops last weekend :shock: but I haven't listed them yet. I am also keeping my eyes peeled for chicken designs.

I Made the designs into pincushions just for fun really and then thought 'what am I going to do with this lot?' I have seen very similar things used as brooch cushions too. I won't be making anymore pincushions I don't think as I want to move onto home furnishings and things like vintage looking stuffed toys. I also have some ipod cases I want to get made up. I got my sewing machine back today and will give it a try tomorrow. It was quite poorly apparently with the allignment out of sinc and it didn't like the brand of bobbin cotton I was using :shock:

Mo I am just off over ther now to see why there is a gap in the title, I have no idea why this has happened.
pugmum
Lively Laner

Post by pugmum »

I think your stuff is lovely, but alas, like Mo, i dont really shop much at all partly due to necessity and partly due to my plan of moving to the country which means i need to save as much as possible. And i sew quite a bit as well.
I woud agree with what has previously been said, namely that you possibly need to promote the items a little more. I think you can still get a free website on 'moonfruit' and they are very easy to use and set up? Just a suggestion but i do hope you are able to make some profit, though Sunny was right -sometimes people just dont want to pay the price.
The very best of luck with your venture
Julie x
Meg
Lively Laner

Post by Meg »

Thanks for all the replies. The folksy shop is very much going to be a learning curve for me I think. Obviously I would be delighted if I do sell some things, but then again I love making them so much that I am having far too much fun to worry about if they sell or not at this point. I have a huge stash of fabrics, collected over the years and never used so it is great to get alot of that out of the way.

I have been busy today making more tissue covers but with Strawberry Shortcake fabrics. They have come out gorgeous. Really cute and girly looking. My daughter has a tissue cover with her tissues in it in her bookbag each day. Hers is made from a beautiful pink ballerina fabric which she loves. I have also made pictures for presents and some special tissue holders for my Mum, MIL and my Nan to go with their Christmas presents.

Unfortunately my machine is still giving me a bit oftrouble today so has to go back to the shop in the morning {cry}