Busy Painting Honey Bees

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Re: Busy Painting Honey Bees

Post by ma larkin »

OH! Thank you! :-D When I have got my range together I will ask for advice if that is okay. We do have a printer, but I am not sure it is good enough. I have already got loads of blank cards.

How do you sell and promote your cards? Do you do shows and craft fairs?
Have a website?

Do you get many commissions for painting peoples houses? That must be such a fab thing to do! Would love to see a painting!

I will think about putting Mike on here! She is funny, I can't bring myself to paint over her!!

Ma Larkin :-D
Polliesmum
Lively Laner

Post by Polliesmum »

Glad to help - I have 2 websites one for painting house portraits (being redone at present) and one I have almost redone for my hand made goodies - bags, plaques, bunting and more only it's taking a long time to put everything on the shop. I wasn't sure if we could put our websites up, but I started selling things after I bought a little lilac beach hut and appliqued bags with beach huts on. Now have progressed to contented hens on nests..... and just to be short and snappy I call myself - the little lilac beach hut company )t'

I started painting house portraits to give as wedding and anniversary gifts for friends who had everything else... and it snowballed.

I also sell at craft fairs and our local farmers market - not an enormous earner but it means I have an excuse for not doing the housework!

I'll check up about the website thing
Jane
XXX
1 rescued girlies & 2 new Orpington, 1 poofy dog, 3 kids (flown the coop) and one very long suffering husband

http://www.thebuntingcompany.com
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Did you ever do any of Mary Hollands craft fairs in Abingdon or Tring? I used to do them selling my woodwork and they were brilliant in the old days!

Polliesmum
Lively Laner

Post by Polliesmum »

No, I've not done any of Mary Hollands but did really well at Country Shows and Clare Priory Craft Fair in Suffolk and Cressing Temple barns in Essex, and have created quite a good client base with repeat orders. I'm already signed up to do them again this year and as I have two children getting married this summer I need all the pennies I can get!!! )hlp>

regards
Jane
XXX
1 rescued girlies & 2 new Orpington, 1 poofy dog, 3 kids (flown the coop) and one very long suffering husband

http://www.thebuntingcompany.com
painterman
Lively Laner

Post by painterman »

wow they look stunning . i paint in acrylics too. its nice theres other talented people on here . i think i like these forums. wouldlove to see ur chooky paintings as i paint them too amongst other things when there not walking into there coop lol.
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

thank you Painterman! Can we some of your chicken drawings?? :-D I have been drawing loads recently, but in the evenings when I am relaxing! I have not done any paintings for ages though,

Ma Larkin
painterman
Lively Laner

Post by painterman »

ma larkin wrote:thank you Painterman! Can we some of your chicken drawings?? :-D I have been drawing loads recently, but in the evenings when I am relaxing! I have not done any paintings for ages though,

Ma Larkin

HI ma
its funny iv been doing the complete opposite. been painting mostley and havent drawn in a while. but heres a link to a polish chook i did.
amongst other artwork http://www.flickr.com/photos/truesigns/4631508605/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
painterman
Lively Laner

Post by painterman »

no comments .was they that poor. lol +confused+
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

painterman wrote:no comments .was they that poor. lol +confused+

HA!HA! They are absolutely brilliant! Especially 'Katies Bad Hair day!' Do you sell them as originals or prints?
I love the hand painted door handles. Do you sell those?
Everyone have a look at Paintermans artwork! Very very talented :-D

perchy

Post by perchy »

painterman wrote:no comments .was they that poor. lol +confused+

I thought I had posted on this one, they are brilliant, keep up the good work, don't doubt yourself for one minute.

Not as good as my drawings though +pinn+
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Amazing paintings painterman, wish I had that sort of talent :?
painterman
Lively Laner

Post by painterman »

Hi everyone again
thanks for all ur nice comments. i didnt realise until i kept seeing holly posted on the threads that the post began in december . how silly do i feel. im like a lava lamp pleasent to look at but a bit dim. {rofwl} as for selling items i do. mostley to our american cousins across the pond. but its more a hobby in between my wing walking and jam making lol. im making a honey bee sign this week and would love to post the image on here if thats ok. sorry the reply seems at an odd hr but i work in the evenings and dont get to my lap top till the early hrs ~eep~