Knitting needles?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
p.penn

Knitting needles?

Post by p.penn »

I bought a fab retro knitting needle box today complete with what I thought were a pile of odd needles for £2 in a junk shop. When I got them home and sorted them, many were actually pairs - but also quite a few were bent. Can you knit with bent needles? confused>
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Re: Knitting needles?

Post by wendy »

All according how bent ? Can you bend them back ?
Sounds a good buy.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
perchy

Post by perchy »

If anybody can Helen I am sure you can {rofwl}

How's the knitted christmas decorations coming on :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Hmm - some are worse than others - there again, some are fine. I have tried to staighten some. {rofwl} Don't ask!!!!!

I am so pleased with the box that I don't mind too much. It is hard mid green plastic with holes for a gauge and an imprinted ruler on the top. It says 'knitting needles' on it - I would think it is 1950s or thereabouts.

It also had 3 crochet hooks in it.

I also bought, from a charity shop, a really nice knitting book called the knitters bible knitted accessories by Claire Cromp ton. It cost me £2.25 (price on back £18.99). It is all easy scarves, gloves, hats and poncho type things. Very trendy though. I love it.

perchy wrote:How's the knitted christmas decorations coming on :-D

Ermmmmmm..........I AM going to do them.......... :oops:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
perchy

Post by perchy »

The box sounds lovely, I like things like that, and the book was a good buy, I love the ponchos, use to have qite a few :oops:

Don't worry about the decorations its only June................ {rofwl}

You have to start worrying when we get the christmas tree and present smilies :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

envy}} at your charity shop find Helen
mmm
Lively Laner

Post by mmm »

afraid I cant knit with straight needles!! My gran tried many a time to teach me but all I can do is plain stitch, which has resulted very occasionally in a scarf!! {rofwl}
ma larkin
Legendary Laner

Post by ma larkin »

Ohhh PPenn, the box sounds really interesting. I adore the 50's. What is it made of? Is it bakerlite?

Ma Larkin :-D
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I will try to post a pic - no, it's not bakerlite, I think it is just hard green plastic but I love it. So retro!
Helen xx

chickenlicken
Lively Laner

Post by chickenlicken »

Bit of a late reply I know but I went to buy some knitting kneedles just before Christmas last year. Went into our local shop and all they had was plastic ones. I was taught on metal ones so I thought I would try a charity shop in town. Well, you would have thought I asked for a bag of dr-ugs!!! She produced them from under the counter, like it was a p--banned.word-n film, declaring that they have to keep them there in case there is a health and safety issue with people using them as weapons!! Anyone heard on the news lately of someone being stabbed to death with a knitting needle? PC gone barking!