Easy to make shopping bags

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Easy to make shopping bags

Post by Meanqueen »

This could also come under Green, eco, and ethical. Making shopping bags to cut down on the use of plastic bags. I have just made these two out of sweatshirts that someone gave me, which I don't like because they are too tight round the neck.

You could use any garment that you no longer want, they are easy to make. The instructions are here
morsbags The web site takes a few seconds to load.
Anyone with a machine can follow the simple instructions. I put an extra seam across the bottom corners to give them a flat bottom. If you use washable fabric they will last ages. You just have to remember to put them in your car when you go shopping. )t'
Ilona
LittleBrownFrog

Re: Easy to make shopping bags

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Lovely bags. The morsbags pattern is fab )t' really basic, very little measuring & just straight lines to sew.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

You are very talented MeanQueen!! I don,t have a sewing machine otherwise I would,ve had a go )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
SouthernDave

Post by SouthernDave »

They look good! Often we have jumpers that are too worn to be any good for charity shops, too good to paint in as well! Will show my missus and see what she thinks of them. )t'
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I've made some really simple ones out of tshirts in the past - just cut off the sleeves, cut away the neck & sew up the bottom. They don't last that long, but they're good for worn out t-shirts - I use them as bags when I know there's a fair chance I won't get the bag back )t'