Raising Mealworms?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Raising Mealworms?

Post by Benny&Co »

Aww bless him {hug} {hug} I bet he really enjoys his times out with food and you guys {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Cosmo is gorgeous :-D

I have two leopard geckos, DeeDee and Moe
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh cool BC )t' :-D

Here's a picture of another gecko on our travels...

This little one was in the Maldives :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

There's a pic of my lovely girl here viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10301&hilit=DeeDee from when she laid her eggs 2 summers ago

The baby we hatched now lives a very pampered life in the biology department at my dad's school.
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

There was a thing about mealworms on the box the other day, a place in Holland is trialling cultivating them for food. Obviously they aren’t currently to the western tastes but it looks like they may be a realistic alternative to the global food problem in providing proteins easily and cheaply. It is all to do with calories in to produce calories out, they are very efficient at doing that.
Bah Humbug
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

That's interesting, S-S and I'm sure I've heard about insects being a solution to world food shortages in the future if people could get over their prejudices. I've sometimes said when I've bought some for the hens that they would probably be quite acceptable deep fried with some spices; a bit like devilled whitebait.

I'm sure there used to be a restaurant that had insect dishes on the menu, but when I looked on the web for it I couldn't find it anywhere.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker