Feathers...

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Feathers...

Post by Sejjie70 »

Hope it's ok to post this here (if not could a Mod/Admin move it to somewhere more appropriate?).

I have some feathers that may be useful for craft projects -

Very small bag of Speckled Sussex feathers (brown feather, black tip with greenish irridescent sheen & a white spot) - mainly the standard feathers from her body & wings.

Around a dozen goose flight feathers - these aren't that big as they've come off our small Embden-Roman cross goose & they're also not the best quality. Before coming to us they had v little water access & as a result ended up with "wet feather" - while most of their feathers recovered condition quickly after coming to us their flight & tail feathers remained quite tatty. Probably not ideal feathers for quill-making, but may be ok for someone to practice on if they're starting out?

None of the feathers have been washed, just popped in a bag to be used at some point, but tbh I don't have the time to get going on anything crafty (I started a rag rug 2 years ago & have done barely a row a year)....

Free to whoever's interested. Please PM me.
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
Willow
Legendary Laner

Re: Feathers...

Post by Willow »

What a good idea!! )t'
I dont need them myself but I'm sure there are people who would love some of our more colourful chook feathers..
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
perchy

Post by perchy »

How lovely, we did have someone on here I think who used feathers, lots of crafts and adornments in the shops and on line using feathers, am sure someone will love them )t'

)t'
manda

Post by manda »

I've put a copy of this in the trading post so someone might see this there as well. )t'
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Thanks Manda )t'
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
mardatha
Lively Laner

Post by mardatha »

I saw a shop on Etsy the other day and she had very nice and unusual collages for sale that used sand and shells and tumblestones and feathers. Maybe shove them on ebay? If she does it then other folk must too.