Crosswords

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Mo
Legendary Laner

Crosswords

Post by Mo »

The crossword by Auracaria this morning left me speechless.

I'll say no more until those of you who enjoy his puzzles have seen his way of telling it.

My favourite setter; his puzzles often seem fiendishly intelinked, but then I find a simple way in and things mostly fall into place (with a groan), though a few words might have to be invented from the clue, then googled.

I particularly enjoyed clues 38,29 and 31 in the Christmas Puzzle which included many links to a Shakespear play.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Crosswords

Post by Annie »

Mo I )b( )b( )b( to you for persevering with cryptic crosswords - I read half a dozen clues there and felt like an intellectual failure ! Mum and I used to do a lot of crosswords ,bouncing off each other when a clue stumped either of us . When I wasn't feeling like delving into the depths of my memory for hidden answers I used to do the other puzzles , whose name escapes me but you have a grid with numbers in place of letters, with maybe 3 letters for starters and you then had to work out which number corresponded with which letter of the alphabet and thereby making words. Is there a format for that I can get on my laptop ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I haven't done the crossword, but I have heard the news {cry}
I love crosswords, but I don't do them often enough to keep the cryptic part of my brain well oiled.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I like doing the codewords as well Annie, like to try and keep the brain going, no good with cryptic crosswords but like quick clues.