American Football

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

American Football

Post by Benny&Co »

My Hubbly recorded some of the American football from over the weekend and we were watching it last night.

Never seen it before, but what an absolutely boring thing to watch - all that stopping and starting again, so called tackling when they've got all that padding on ~eep~ ~eep~

Or maybe I've just not grasped it at all! >shrug< {rofwl}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Re: American Football

Post by Totally Scrambled »

It's alright if you can watch a match with all the stoppages edited out.
Apparently they use the bits between plays to run their sponsors' adverts so that they make loads of cash and there is a special bloke who lets the referees know when the ads are over so that they can start play again.
Dom
Ali Woks My World
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I haven't watched it - but not much of a sport spectator anyway but I do know that when you go to the stadiums to watch it is a real day out. Think the game almost becomes secondary to everything else. One of Ecks family used to go regularly with the grandkids and an adult with autism and found the atmosphere really good and friendly with as I say lots of other activities to watch/take part in. Another of Ecks family a gentleman of quite senior years goes every week to watch the basket ball and that also is more of an all round entertainment . By the sounds of it a much safer and friendlier sporting venue to go to with family than many of our football grounds.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

When we were on hols in Kissimmee my friend wanted to watch it on tv, ok I thought I can amuse myself for 90 minutes >dum< Hours later.........
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/