any fellow archers on here?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Brianfromdorset
Lively Laner

any fellow archers on here?

Post by Brianfromdorset »

Hi everyone, thought id post my hobby on here, archery! Is anyone else into it? I shoot a recurve bow and belong to a great club in dorset called the bowmen of lytchett.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: any fellow archers on here?

Post by Annie »

I think Don Roerto and his wife Donna M may follow this sport, or I may be getting mixed up and they may use crossbow . He is sunning himself at the moment ,hope he picks this thread up.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

Yes Annie it is Don R who likes to shoot arrows. When he did time in the States he was known as the bowman of Alcatraz )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
manda

Post by manda »

My youngest boy does....he was 7 in November...and has been doing it almost a year now

Has his first competition in March >dowhat<

As you can see he shoots a recurve (got one being made for him at the moment because he is only little but is pulling 22lbs) and he's in the process of saving his own money to get a compound as well as he wants to use that for hunting.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Brianfromdorset
Lively Laner

Post by Brianfromdorset »

That's great manda, he's pulling a good weight for his age. Hope he enjoys his first competition. Compound bows are amazing, more like a gun! I've seen a target shot at 240 yards with a compound. In the UK recurve is the most popular and longbow too.
manda

Post by manda »

He loves archery Brian...actually he's back at coaching this Monday (we're on Summer hols here at the moment so back to school on Monday too)...it's funny seeing him with the bow as it's bigger than he is but at the moment he lives and breathes archery so we'll go with that...he has an elastic he uses to do his arm exercises which he takes everywhere with him...I have to say I'm surprised at how "into" it he is and more's the point considering his age has kept up that level of enthusiasm....mind you I have to say I'm glad he's picked archery....least I don't have to stand out on a cold and windy rugger pitch )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny