Who Knits?

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

Hi I knit and not a grannie yet.used to knit jumpers dolls clothes etc,now more for charity things such as baby hats for overseas etc.My sister in law has moved onto dog coats for a charity.I work with older people so it is quite a handy skill to have and a talking point.
I am sure he will appreciate a long scarf :-D
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I used to knit loads of stuff when I was yuonger, especially when the boys were little.

I started a hat earlier on this year to wear this winter - lots of cable and bobbles etc, only pick it up every now and then, it MIGHT be ready for next winter :)
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I used to knit but my o/h hates the click of the needles!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Me !!!
I collect dolls, so I am always knitting baby clothes for them. In between I do cross stitch. But I have slowed down on that as I am running out of walls.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I wish I could knit. If your bloke complains again, try googling "wool longies" - they are a kind of knitted trouser that are worn by babies over cloth nappies. They are absolutely gorgeous - and very expensive!!!! See why I wish I could knit - I can't afford £25+ a pair fro Gracie - knitting can be very lucrative if you knit the right things!!!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Mum in law used to knit big trendy jumpers in the 1980s and got paid a pittance by the middle man. But she enjoyed doing it and it meant that the family didn't have to get any more :oops:
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Julia Roberts, Maddonna and Cameron Diaz to name a few.
I used to knit but havn't done it for a long time need someone to guide me, but we have a craft group that should be able to help i just need to buy the wool...... a trip to John Lewis around here!!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

I knit, have done since I was little (5ish) I go through phases and have a hard time persuading the kids to wear home mades but have got patterns for socks and hats for winter that are looking popular.

I have a freind who likes needle crafts too. When we get together we sit chatting and stitching - our husbands get very scathing and find refuge down the pub :shock:
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Have to confess I knit, and now have got some of the lads at work addicted too. I do a fab line in doggy jumpers to order, with people supplying the wool and paying £1 donation to charity for the knitting service.

We run a craft club at lunchtimes, some of them are getting very good at knitting (long scarves are the in thing with them) and on the sewing machines. Making fleece hats and scarves at the mo!

Trying to get them into counted cross-stitch but they keep getting cross with it!!

Thought we could try rag-rugs next.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

I knit animals, to my own pattern, mainly because knitting patterns might as well be in chinese! I also have an odd way of knitting, one needle pressed into my belly , worked around with the other. I cant hold both needles . I have a jumper on the go, but Ive got bored with it. I am awaiting my canvas for a rag rug. Been cutting up old tee shirts and clothes. Cant wait, a new challenge (f+
Looove chucks!
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Anyone fancy rag rugging. I'd like to have a go, remember my gran making them when I was a kid.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

My mum taught me to knit, the German way, all the kids in my class thought it was odd, but I couldn't understand the English way of doing it. The result was the same.

Mum made all our rag rugs, and I still have a doormat she made out of plaitted tights, it's never been used, so a nice memento to keep.

Ilona
hippichick
Lively Laner

Post by hippichick »

Been knitting scarfs for a local homeless charity, made about ten scarfs so far this year. Last year made some for help the ageded. Every little helps!
Not very good at making jumpers ect.... but did make some baby clothes when a was pregnant with a little help from my mum (f+
charlwood1005
Lively Laner

Post by charlwood1005 »

I have re-started knitting and I am loving it. At present I am doing wooly socks it is so relaxing in the evening and it stops snacking!!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Just finished this set.

Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning