Silence in our house

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Effie
Legendary Laner

Silence in our house

Post by Effie »

The girls (daughters, not chickens) are cross-stitching Mothers' Day cards, they have 3 Grandmas, 3 Great-grandmas, one great aunt and of course I'll be wanting one from each of them.

I love to settle down stitching when it's snowing, shame I've got ironing to do myself :?
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I hope the girls (chickens not daughters) are doing the same for me in feather stitch.
On second thoughts I'd rather have 3 eggs all on the same day, from the 3 Point-of-Lay's I bought in December. For the past 3 weeks I've had 20 eggs but only 1 / day. I thought one looked older when I got them.
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

I love cross stitching but with chicks ,family tree and work i seem to have got out of the habit,reminding me its mothers day will have to seriously get sorted in doing one for mother in law,only one left!
unless i do one for myself and leave it where my husband can find it and get my 5yr old to sign it )t'

What do you like cross stitching Effie?

Karen
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I have had to give up cross stitch for the meantime- in fact I have just put all my charts on freecycle today. I really love doing it, but I dont get the time to sit and concentrate on it any more - I find I dont enjoy it unless I can spend at least an hour at it, and a free hour does not exist any more!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

I prefer to stitch on linen rather than aida, the finished thing looks more useful, I think. I've done a few seasonal bits - halloween, valentines and a wedding sampler for my sister. I'm planning to do csome motifs on napkins next and to start doing a few embroidery stitches.

The girls are just on pretty pictures and cards at the moment, Franks did a gorgeous Tigger for her cousin's birthday. It's a shame we give so amny on the things we make away.

What do you do, when you have the time, Karen?
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

I like working on linen aswell,i have done country scenes,a firescreen,cards,anniversary samplers,silhouettes.
I use to go to alot of the shows in London and have a chest of drawers full.I am doing carpets and minature pictures for an ongoing georgian dolls house but my garden and chicks are winning at the moment and just brought an incubator on ebay :oops: .To be fair I also have a five year old and slowed alot on stitching when she was little.16 yrs between my two so I had some time in between )t'
Karen
Nellie
Lively Laner

Post by Nellie »

I'm also a linen person, and only ever samplers.
wendy

Post by wendy »

I love cross stitch also.
Haven't had much time for it lately.
I adore Native Americans, have loads of them. I am getting like the Tate Gallery now and have to rotate.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Good idea to do stuff for the dolls house, ours is in it's very early stages, still to fit the electrics and tile it, I could make some tappestries or cushions.

I love little projects, I get bored before big ones are finished :oops: I have a stunning study of three ballerina that I have been going back to for 8 years.
cluckyclaire
Longlasting Laner

Post by cluckyclaire »

i too love doing cross stitch although have never been brave enough to try anything on linen yet but keep thinking it would look nicer. I'm currently in stitching a pic on of chicken dressed in a raincoat, carrying an umbrella!
kdoc
Lively Laner

Post by kdoc »

Getting itchy fingers to rifle through my chest of drawers and do something )t'
Karen
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

i have x stitched the acrinalin lady complete with beads and chain items, now 1 / 3 on Rose of Sharon, big piece, love small pieces too, done a mega 1 took 1 year, for parents,was big i couldnt send it framed,anyone who wants patterns mail me,also goes for hand made cards too