Plans for tomorrow

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Effie
Legendary Laner

Plans for tomorrow

Post by Effie »

I'm so excited! A brand new Geocache trail has been laid as an Easter Egg Hunt around my town.

It is all based on the poem the Jabberwocky, which eldest has helpfully memorised so we can get the clues in order :!:

We won't be the first to find, even though it only went live today :?

I'm so grateful to Jaylay for introducting the idea in this thread
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I hope to be planting potatoes.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Good luck, Effie! Let us know how it goes )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

We found 2 out of 7 caches, and one of those we weren't looking for!

A poor workman blames his tools so I will say we were hunting with totally inadequate equipment - and 3 grotty kids!

Round one, on foot we hit three likely spots but were hampered by nettles, dog walkers and a 20 year old navigation device in equal parts. We returned to a cache we had failed to find in early March. The undergrowth had been cut back and I had looked at the photo clues so we found that, but not the three we were trying for.

By half one, it was really hot and the kids were complaining so we came home. I printed off the worded clues, we got on our bikes and headed west (without #3 who was dumped with a neighbour)

Hunted one, found one )c( got lots of cycling practice on the roads. Couldn't find the next two, but had a good explore and cycled 3 miles in all.

Came back home to a leg of lamb roasting in the oven and a well deserved G&T - pretty good day, all round :-D

Hope you all enjoyed your day too (f+
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, wether you found the caches or not!
Tomorrow (Easter Monday) OH is dragging me and Grace into Belfast to see the mods going on their annual easter egg Vespa run to Bangor. Then we're going to go on the easter bunny steam train ride - the Railway Preservation Society of Ireland is based in Whitehead so we can walk down for a ride on a steam train and maybe even meet the Easter Bunny )c(
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!