Litter

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
red-rialto
Learner Laner

Litter

Post by red-rialto »

Hi, I dont know if anyone else has joined this. I did about a year ago and have been doing my bit. The site could do with more support to be honest so have a look and see if its something you might be interested in doing

http://www.peopleclearinglitter.co.uk
PINCH THAT PENNY UNTIL IT SCREAMS...........
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I don't belong to anything like that, but spend Saturday and Sunday dog walk up on 'our field' with a carrier bag collecting empty beer / cider cans, vodka bottles, lighter fluid tins, sweet wrappers etc from the Friday and Saturday night underage youths parties. Last weekend they even had a fire in the bit of woodland it was still smouldering on Sunday morning but the ashes will be good for the ground I suppose.

My boys think I am eccentric, but it is keeping things nice for those of us who enjoy being there in the daytime )t'
red-rialto
Learner Laner

litter

Post by red-rialto »

I pick up a whole black sacks worth of litter every morning from the same field and woodland everyday when I walk the dogs. It is from the same senseless idiots everytime. I have even found bags of household rubbish from houses backing onto the wood and park.
It makes me so mad,the wildlife is suffering because of this.
I like to think that I am doing my bit even though I doubt anyone has noticed.
I must admit my 13 year old daughter thought I was mad too until I showed her and got her collecting it with me.
I used to put it in the bins in the park but found that they either set light to it or took it out and threw it all around again so I now take it to the local dump on my way to work most days
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Luckily our field doesn't get that bad, I think its because you either have to climb a pretty steep hill or a steep flight of steps to get there - it is only the really determined who would bother! And the dog walkers of course as it is about 4 acres of wildness - bushes, trees, undergrowth etc and a beautiful display of wild flowers in the Spring )t'

Like you say though, no one notices you have done it but imagine the mess if you didn't :?
Emmamoo
Lively Laner

Post by Emmamoo »

I tell you what I find round here where I live, there are a few issues.

1: The bin man leaves more of a trail of debris after their collections, and sometimes it's dreadful. Especially when there's been nappies in the street. I know it's not the residents because everything is in their bins before the bin men come to take the rubbish. Spose I could call the council, but honestly - I doubt they'll do anything about it.

2: The worst thing is, someone round here has a dog and throws bags of it's poo on the ground, instead of taking it home. I mean, whoever it is has already gone to half the trouble of picking it up - why on earth are they dropping it on the path?! There was 3 bags under the hedge of 2 doors down, one thrown down my path, a couple more further up the road and it's getting annoying. Why can't people who have dogs pick up their poo?! I alerted the housing association when they did their last estate 'inspection' but they appear to have done nothing about it.

Sorry to vent but your post on litter just made me think.
****Emma****

...Ever the optimist!
daveindeal
Lively Laner

Post by daveindeal »

I have just joined.

i regualy do this in the layby outside my house, as its the only stop for a while thru thr country lanes, they eat there sandwhiches drink there drinks and chuck it out the window, also its the only bus stop for the whole village so rubbish always accumolates there for some strange reason!!
Some friends are like a slinky, boring till you push them down the stairs.
http://mongehamestate.blogspot.com/
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Emmamoo wrote:2: The worst thing is, someone round here has a dog and throws bags of it's poo on the ground, instead of taking it home. I mean, whoever it is has already gone to half the trouble of picking it up - why on earth are they dropping it on the path?! There was 3 bags under the hedge of 2 doors down, one thrown down my path, a couple more further up the road and it's getting annoying. Why can't people who have dogs pick up their poo?! I alerted the housing association when they did their last estate 'inspection' but they appear to have done nothing about it.

Sorry to vent but your post on litter just made me think.

It's even worse than that around here.There are bags of dog poo hanging off the trees like Christmas decorations. It would be better left to rot on the ground! )de:
Jackie xx
red-rialto
Learner Laner

poo bags

Post by red-rialto »

There are bags of poo in the trees in the park where I live,its hard to believe but the kids get them out of the dog bins and throw them into the trees!!!
Beggars belief.
I was in the woods yesterday with my dogs and actually saw a woman throwing rubbish including a baby walker over her back fence and into the woods. Its not even as if she cant still see it as it is about 8 feet from her patio window and living room. I confronted her about it and was told to "f" off and that she was going to tell her husband,brother,sons etc etc. Well I have done better than that and called the council this morning. Many of her bags of rubbish have envelopes with their address on it,I also took pics of it on my phone and mailed them to the council.
Really really gets me angry to see people just dumping rubbish
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Well done Red, but be carefull, people can get nasty. I caught a youth chucking rubbish out of his car on the college car park last week, I laid into him with the verbal, and luckily there was an allendant nearby so I called him over.

Ilona
red-rialto
Learner Laner

litter

Post by red-rialto »

I cant believe that they get really aggresive and abusive when caught. I picked up the rubbish the woman threw over her fence and have it in my back garden,the council want it as evidence