Ladies - an alternative for 'those days'

Discussion on living for a better and more responsible future
Bok bok bok
Lively Laner

Re: Ladies - an alternative for 'those days'

Post by Bok bok bok »

Absolutly, possitivley, definatly! Worth EVERY penny!

I was quite suprised when watching something on telly ( I think it was a teenage program on bodies) when they were talking about 'ladies things' the doctor who was leading the talk, explained all the products available to women then when asked what the mooncup was she replied ' thats a mooncup, if you're into that sort of thing' end of explaination!

If Bob the builder and Fifi and the flowertots are so keen to promote environmental issues, why is there so little information available about alternitive produdcts for women? :?

I'll get off my soap box now! )sh
2 children, half a springer Spaniel, a Hamster, 2 Goldfish and an allotment. And a very excited, now mummy of some chickens again, Daisey, Dotty and Master Yoda!

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion!
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

wow those mooncups sound amazing, wish i'd know about them before, having something a bit more permanent done soon so hopefully won't be in need of anything anymore. (f+
Mousey
Lively Laner

Post by Mousey »

Hi I bought a mooncup as i loved the idea of not filling landfill sites but havent got on with it very well!
Guess i will have to revisit and try again.
I but all my products from green people which are bleach free but is costing me a small fortune!!
dont think i like the idea of those sponges though
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

Well, I went for it! I had put over £4 worth of disposables in my basket in Boots and there they were, on the shelf. In a pretty recycled carboard box, Mooncups size A and B. At £21+, not cheap but I suppose if it lasts more than 5 months, I'm in the black!

Reports so far - very comfortable and easy to put in (but I have had 3 kids and the last one dropped out on the lounge floor so that's no surprise)

Now lets see if they do what it says on the tin :?
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

I have had to defer purchase due to OH being out of work )de:
BUT
I have £9 of points on my Boots card so think I'll put that towards the cost and get one anyways
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

I would definately recommend the investment Babycakes. It will pay for itself in no time. They last for ever!
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I have to say i laughed out loud about "the lounge floor " :-D I did not realise they were available in boots I might have to use the family allowance for something other than petrol for my sons taxi aka my car )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes, I laughed too! Can you imagine if you were out and about and it fell out!

I will be interested to see how you get on Effie although I probably wont get one as I am ever optomistic that next month will be the last...... didn't i say that last month? :?
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

)c( for the mirena coil, no need for anything much now after years of 2 weeks each month worried to leave the house :?
Effie
Legendary Laner

Post by Effie »

OK then, update....

Good points:

Absolutely no leakage; 'cleaner' through the night than disposables as it's all tucked away (whichever way up you are :oops:); when it is in the right place, I really can't feel it and I'm starting to feel quite confident about the reliability :-D

Points to consider:

I'm still finding the right place and if I've got it wrong I know about it when I cough :shock:

Unexpected bonus:

I've started doing plevic floor excercises again :?

Just to clarify:

It was 9lb of daughter that dropped out on the lounge floor, not the mooncup which has stuck in there - despite the fact that offspring #3 didn't:!:

Next tests:

Wondering about having a bath. Staying away from home tonight. (these two are not connected confused> )
" -zere isn't much to do 'ere, unless you like cooking and chickens!"
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Do you have to position them like the dutch caps ?I had great fun with those :oops:
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
Babycakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Babycakes »

Effie wrote:It was 9lb of daughter that dropped out on the lounge floor, not the mooncup which has stuck in there - despite the fact that offspring #3 didn't:!:

Lucky you!! I had a whole day and 2 nights before the midwife would let me push!!
Waiting to welcome Sunny Clucker to Northern Ireland!
chickycheryl
Learner Laner

Post by chickycheryl »

)t' Hi just see this topic and had to say that i have been using a mooncup for about a year now and i would not be will out it, i always found the alternatives either painful to use or rather unpleasant. I think that it is one of the best inventions for women ever, and it is really comfortable to wear - i promise - x

chicky x )c(
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

There is an article on mooncups in this months easy living mag, they look enormous yike* Am still tempted to give it a go though
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Lol they are probably larger than you would expect....hubby calls mine a moon bucket :-D but I can promise you they are comfy.