Where would I get a poland hen near bristol

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Where would I get a poland hen near bristol

Post by kattcollins »

Hello, haven't been here for a while due to being chicken-less and was wondering if anyone knows where i might get one of those gorgeous poland hens with t he fluffy hair-do around the bristol area? thanks

p.penn

Re: Where would I get a poland hen near bristol

Post by p.penn »

Hi Katt - I just googled 'poland chickens bristol' and it came up with some for sale. Sorry, it goes to an advertising site and I couldnt find them but found various other ad sites including one advertising 3 day old poland chicks.

So, I would suggest a google. :shock:
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Katt i was thinking of you the other day wondering how you were, nice to see you back on the lane )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Thanks Helen I shall try that, I'm a bit stupid lately or I'd of thought of googling Duhhh!!! lol.Ahh thanks Stace for thinkin of me, I thought my ears been burning abit lately : )

Well I have a bad fox attack a few months back now and the girls that survived I sent packing to a nice family in east sussex as It traumatized me so much I couldn't face going through that again as it was horrific, but am missing them terribly and although I vowed not to have anymore just in case I can't help it and have to have some more, plus I've missed all you guys too {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Its good to see you again.

So sorry about your fox attack, had one myslef yesterday, jumped over the 6ft fence, took my little hen Jilly and was gone, husband was just feet away, i am gutted today {cry} But i have filled an application for some ex battys in Feb )t'

Its part of hen keeping i suppose
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

Ahh sorry to hear that Stace, it is horrible but you are right it could happen to anyone, you just hope its not you, I have much respect for foxes I just wish they would finish the job and not leave them half dead and in pain, one of the ones that was killed was an ex-batt and i felt so terribly guilty but I think i'm over it now and ready to have some more, plus I so resent having to actually buy eggs from the supermarket.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Katt we all do what we can to protect them, but if a fox is hungry and has young to feed..... Its hard but i love my girls and could not be without them now.

Its the right time for you >gl< with finding the ones you want
Bev xx

nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

Not very close but Poland chickens: Doran Farm Chickens: Contact Information
Sarah Mitchell
Wokingham,
Tel: 07595658268
Email: slbower@btinternet.com
County: Berkshire

I am down to 3 ex batts now and want 2 or 3 'normal' chickens, any breed to add to my little bunch. Like Katt, near Bristol,
welcome back Katt!
xx
Everything comes to those who wait...
perchy

Post by perchy »

Oh Stace i am sorry to hear about your little hen Jilly, {cry} I live in fear of it, we do our best, OH went to the barbers on saturday and we got a bag of hair for the edges of the garden, glad you have filled out an application, how many will you have?
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Thanks Perchy, i have put down for 3 as i do have lots of space, now i have changed my job i am home from 1.30 each day, so will have more time to spend with them. She was such a cheeky little lady, myself and hubby have really missed her today she was his fav, its heartbreaking {cry}
Bev xx

perchy

Post by perchy »

Bless you Stace, we get to know each others girls on here, am so sorry, three new girls to bring to health will be lovely, I do not at present have the set up for new girls, and I work long hours }hairout{ and OH works nights, so its difficult to have more time, but I love my girls and will definitely have ex batts when my circumstances change, good luck and I know you will keep us posted.
kattcollins
Legendary Laner

Post by kattcollins »

nettles wrote:Not very close but Poland chickens: Doran Farm Chickens: Contact Information
Sarah Mitchell
Wokingham,
Tel: 07595658268
Email: slbower@btinternet.com
County: Berkshire

I am down to 3 ex batts now and want 2 or 3 'normal' chickens, any breed to add to my little bunch. Like Katt, near Bristol,
welcome back Katt!
xx

Hiya, nice to hear from you.

The best place near us for 'normal chickens' is Annie at siston http://www.anniehallspoultry.co.uk/

she has some wonderful point of lay at the moment and am planning a trip up to see her soon to maybe get a light sussex and white leghorn (always fancied a chicken that lays white eggs) but I can definately recommend her as I bought my very first chickens from her and she is a very nice lady. :-D
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Yes Katt she is lovely been there a few times, had a good look around with my grandson, she has a lovely setup
Bev xx

nettles
Lively Laner

Post by nettles »

Hi Katt, been busy for a while so only just started living again!

We know Annie very well, she is round the corner from us, but we wanted to home more chooks that were needing homes, for whatever reason, rather than just go out and buy some, I know Annie will understand. She has been really helpful to us and keeps everything superclean and friendly. She is a top notch breeder.

Think I have 2 now, can't wait!
xxx
Everything comes to those who wait...
mrpbristol
Lively Laner

Post by mrpbristol »

Hi Katt

Where in Bristol are you as I live in Bristol and am looking to keeping chickens. I am worried that they may be attacked by foxes though.
4 Chickens named; Lady GaGa, Henrietta, Queenie Mae and Miss Millie Malloo and 3 Cocker Spaniels named; Bosley, Ellie Mae and Maisie Blu