October 15th 2011 Rehoming date

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: October 15th 2011 Rehoming date

Post by madmum »

Oh no!!!!!I really need some more chooks,but i need eggs {cry}
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!

luckilotti
Lively Laner

Post by luckilotti »

battychick_kike wrote:Kettering is open for reservations.
We also have a new CP in Blackpool (Weeton Lancashire) )c( )c(

Taz

xxxx

I'm over the moon to be doing the Blackpool Collection :-D

If anyone has friend or relatives in Lancashire etc who may be interested, please be sure to mention to them that there is now a local collection point for them to get some of these lovely ladies!

Thanks x
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!
Blackpool/Preston Collection Point
battychick_kike
Legendary Laner

Post by battychick_kike »

Sejjie70 wrote:When's the closing date for applications? I'm saving for a new shed/hen house for our current chooks & am planning on doing up their present house & using it for ex-batts. If I know the closing date I know how long I have to get sorted & persuade Simon that I'll need the use of his van that day.

Hiya,

Its been a bit mental recently and we rushed getting the reservations open as we have a very short time before the rehoming date that I didnt give it a thought about when to close the lists and to display it...........We will close the list on Friday October 7th and that will include the donation deadline too. I will get that displayed on the website tomorrow evening. )t'

Thank you

Taz

xxxx
[center]Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start.....[/center]

www.freshstartforhens.co.uk
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Thanks Taz. Should have time to get sorted (in-laws & Mum's health allowing), just need to persuade Simon about the use of his van...
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Lovely! I missed the last one. Lets hope we get a better response down this way. I have put 5 posters out yesterday , in the local pet shops, and feed merchants )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I shall be doing the Reading collection point again )c(
I have today begun advertising in the local free ad type papers and websites and have already received 7 emails trying to sell me financial services {rofwl}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

I'm honoured to be doing my first collection point this time too (for Milton Keynes) :-D

Have been busy distributing the A5 flyers Taz kindly gave me last time and I've asked Hubbly to put it on his work intranet/notice board today )t'

Going to ask my best friend to display it as well, she works for a very big employer in the area :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Donna and I will be doing Ipswich again..but this time at Donna's place..am really looking forward to meeting everyone again )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
luckilotti
Lively Laner

Post by luckilotti »

My posters arrived today so i'll now be spending the next few days blasting as many places as i can. I dare say i am also now annoying facebook friends with regular posts about it :-D
I have also had quite a few people message me who have seen a post on a horse forum i go on who are interested in rehoming some in other parts of the country - so thats fab!
I am soooo excited! :-D :-D :-D
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

After all that I can't make it - Simon's off to an agricultural auction with his dad that day so I'll have to stay here to look after mother-in-law.
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Sejjie70 wrote:After all that I can't make it - Simon's off to an agricultural auction with his dad that day so I'll have to stay here to look after mother-in-law.

That's a shame {cry} but maybe next time hey? >fi<

Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Fingers crossed :-D . At least I now have plenty of time to source materials to build a nice big run for them (already have a few fence posts & other odds & ends that the farm were just going to throw away). Though they will eventually free-range like our last lot they'll need time & space to recover from the cages & get their strength up & I want them to have as much space as possible as it will take a while (plus I need to allow for any that may have long-term/permanent problems & may never be able to mix with our other chickens).
Sarah.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

)t' :-D

luckilotti
Lively Laner

Post by luckilotti »

I'm not sure how many people have reserved yet for my collection point but from my online advertising i have people wanting to get them from coventry, nottingham etc :-D
I've also been asked if there is a Cumbria collection point planned for the future >eas1<
Organised Chaos
Lively Laner

Post by Organised Chaos »

I'm honoured to be acting as the Derby collection point for this rescue (Shardlow).

Hoping we get plenty of response! I'm bugging everyone to death on my Facebook :oops:

Where is everyone else advertising? I've done Gumtree etc... :-D

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by idiots."