IMPORTANT BATTERY HEN INFO.

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

Just had my email returned from walmart - call it what it is as there is no supermarket in the UK called a***

I am going to try again - lets see if the t**** return theirs?

AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

They have returned it again...is anyone else having the same problem?
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

It is interesting to note in CIWF;s Good Egg awards ( http://www.thegoodeggawards.com/ ), that it shows an extremely famous fast food restaurant!!

I'm aware they have made huge leaps in ensuring many thing's including cattle farms which they own.

Even so, wish the kid's wouldn't eat so many of them!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
wendy

Post by wendy »

Mine has been returned also
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

I have emailed CIWF and told them about my problem and will let you know when they reply.
Had an acknowledgement from t**** (saves me doing emoticons!!)
Richard

Post by Richard »

That's good Anna.

I (rare) watched 'The One Show' thisevening and they had Charles Kennedy MP on it and the matter of writing letters came up.

He emphasised the power of an individual letter is worth so much more than a petition, or signing an e'letter.
He reckons that the powers to be are far more going to take note of that than anything else.

I guess what he's saying is that it's too simple to get a petition signed and too easy to do - show individual concern in numbers and it works better.

CIWF have always replied to my emails. I wrote to them a few years ago to browse over my Battery Hen pages just to check out it was OK and they wrote back a very nice 'agree' letter.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

Richard

I understand what you mean about writing letters. In the days before emails/petitions I write to the then opposition (3 of them)about the state of the health service. Not one reply.

Chris gets replies from the MP if they are to do with the area, (he is chairman of the Parish Council)

I feel that once they are anywhere near a power source and they are OK, have they really got to care?

I think that Jeff Rooker is a good hope as he has not got anything to gain.

We'll keep at them eh?
wendy

Post by wendy »

My Letter.

"I am writing to thank Lord Rooker for his stand against those who do not want the introduction of enriched cages for Battery hens.
Whilst the idea of any cages to keep these birds in, who have done no wrong to anyone, is abhorrent. At least these so called enriched cages will be a small way for them to perform natural behaviours, for the thousands of birds to come.
As you can see our particular interest is Battery hens. We and a number of friends have rescued these little brown birds when they have finished their lives of pugatory in the Battery farms.
Could I please ask you to look seriously into getting these birds into a better environment. I know people want inexpensive eggs, but at what cost to these animals. I assume you have seen video's of their living conditions, if not could I ask you to do so.
Please have a look at our webpage when you get a moment and you will see the state these birds come out of the battery in. Dreadfully pecked with mutilated beaks. Light combs and wattles and opaque eyes, due to artifical light all of their miserable lives. How can humans do this to animals? If you do have a look, you will see how beautiful they do become. With a little TLC.
Thank you Lord Rooker for taking an interest. I do hope you can help these birds, As the EU directive of enriched cages will not."

It is on headed notepaper with our logo.

Richard

Post by Richard »

That's very good and well put.

The other way of contact is through local MP surgery's, especially now when they're making a bit more effort should there be a general election!

It seems that letters, like Russell's as well, are a great benefit (as long as the reply doesn't get 'lost in the post'!!!!!
That and actual Demo's!

Maybe one day in the future, we could link up and pay our own visit to a relevant Minister. The lobby system is quite good, or used to be.
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Well done all, I'll be doing mine today, in paper & pen form )t'
I'm not the best at grammer, but they'll get my jist :-D
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Ha ha wrote to my MP yesterday on behalf of World Vision [we sponsor a little Ethopian boy] he will be sick of my name LOL
But you are right I should write about the chickens again.
Wendy

melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Right then, here's mine, probably all spelt wrong with rubbish grammer, but they know what I mean )t'

Dear Lord Rooker,

Defra decision that the EU ban on battery cages must not be postponed.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your stand on the banning of the barren battery cage system, which millions of hens suffer across the EU.
This debate has been running for decades, the suggestion of any further delay is just totally unacceptable.
It is only when a nation stands up to be counted on a matter as important as this, that other member states realise the importance and urgency attached to it, we cannot afford to adopt a sheep mentality when such appalling animal welfare is at stake.
Defra’s decision demonstrates yet again, that the British Government is leading the way forward where farm animal welfare is concerned.

I have rescued retired battery hens for many years. Once rehabilitated into the “realâ€
Cheers
mel x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Well said Mel.

AnnaB
Legendary Laner

Post by AnnaB »

CIWF Have replied. They have changed the email address for a*** so I am going to try again.
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

Well said everyone - think I'll get mine typed this weekend!!!
Small steps lead to big changes