Questions/comments on Volunteering

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
fresh_start4hens
Learner Laner

Questions/comments on Volunteering

Post by fresh_start4hens »

If you have any questions/comments about becoming a volunteer for Fresh Start For Hens, then please post them here.

Thanks

FSFH

>eas1<
ImageA Fresh Start..........

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Questions/comments on Volunteering

Post by Benny&Co »

I've just read your insight into the day of a volunteer.

I'd really love to help and I'm in one of the areas you mentioned. Only thing is, I don't know if I'm experienced enough as yet to be able to do the health checks on the poor little girls.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

I am seriously considering setting up a collection point in my area.Ineed to speak to my mum about what it would entail because she has completely the wrong idea and thinks we would be left with loads of un homed chooks!!!I will keep trying cos the nearest one to us is Kettering and i am sure one nearer could be useful )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
fresh_start4hens
Learner Laner

Post by fresh_start4hens »

Hiya benny,

Please pm me and we can chat about volunteering.

Madmum, I see that your location is Norfolk, we specifically didn't put anywhere in that area because we work closely with Little Hen Rescue who have got premises in that area so we do not want to take their rehomers from them. It would not be fair to tread on their patch so to speak. The closest we could cover in that region is ipswich and this serves Essex too. Where we have listed collection points needed, are the areas we are trying to cover. Perhaps I should have said about Little Hen being in Norfolk. Sorry!

Thankyou.

FSFH
ImageA Fresh Start..........
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Okay will do FSFH )t'
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I will be getting my little beauties on the 21st, once I've learned to drive (or get a friend to help out who can!) and are more experienced with hens I will definitely consider volunteering :-D

Best of luck on all rehomings {hug}
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Of course i should have realised i got my first batties from them >dum< ,they just didnt have a rescue when i wanted chooks.Absolutly fine I am sure i can help in other ways )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
skinnydogs
Lively Laner

Post by skinnydogs »

I'm not sure if I can help as there is already a collection point in my town (kettering)- unless
the lady who does it needs an extra pair of hands?
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

I'm hoping to have a collection point near Reading - So excited )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
aquamand
Learner Laner

Post by aquamand »

I would love to but as a previous thread says i too am close to Kettering. I pick up my girls on 21st So looking forward to seeing them. I have spoken to the Lady in Kettering regarding a matter with somebody who i know. She has told me that she will inform somebody.
But if in the future you need someone inbetween Kettering, Northampton and Bedford then maybe im your girl :)
luckilotti
Lively Laner

Post by luckilotti »

I'm in one of the areas listed as places you would like to have collection points (Blackpool).
I am in no way shape or form experienced as i havent got my own chickens yet but i certainly would consider setting up a collection point but would need someone to work with as i, well, am not experienced with chickens yet!

I was quite sad when i looked at your site recently that were no collection points near me.

Do you supply the crates etc to transport them in? Just wondering if there would be a lot of expense for myself personally to set up a collection point or if you help with all of that. Also, when you say that the hens need to go into a pen etc when at the collection point, what type/size of pen etc? I have a livery stables hence i dare say we have a pretty good place to be able to become a a collection point.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!
Blackpool/Preston Collection Point
perchy

Post by perchy »

That sounds brilliant, I am sure Taz or someone will be in touch with you, please be patient as there is so much to do before Saturday's rescue {hug}
)t'
Willow
Legendary Laner

Post by Willow »

perchy wrote:That sounds brilliant, I am sure Taz or someone will be in touch with you, please be patient as there is so much to do before Saturday's rescue {hug}
)t'

Hi
Just to let you know that I've pm'd Luckilotti... x
"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"

Albert Einstein
perchy

Post by perchy »

Willow wrote:
perchy wrote:That sounds brilliant, I am sure Taz or someone will be in touch with you, please be patient as there is so much to do before Saturday's rescue {hug}
)t'

Hi
Just to let you know that I've pm'd Luckilotti... x

)c(
luckilotti
Lively Laner

Post by luckilotti »

And luckilotti is very very keen )t' :-D )t' :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!
Blackpool/Preston Collection Point