3 Hens & 1 Bantam Seeking New Homes - North Somerset

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
MichelleInSomerset
Learner Laner

3 Hens & 1 Bantam Seeking New Homes - North Somerset

Post by MichelleInSomerset »

I'm looking for loving new homes for 3 hens and 1 bantam. I have 2 black/white speckled Bantam Maran hens, 1 big black hen and 1 small white Cochin? Bantam, with feathered feet.

They've been with me for a couple of years and I'm willing to rehome the white bantam separately with Bantams the same size as herself. This is because the other 3 go through stages of ganging up on her and peck at her.

They all still lay and are friendly, will eat treats out of your hand.

So, why am I rehoming? I think they deserve more time than I can currently give them. They are in a secure home made run, but don't free range around the garden as often as they should. Mr Fox likes to visit now and then and sits at the end of our garden licking his lips.

I'd like them to go somewhere where they can freerange more. Their favourite treats are dried mealworms and broccoli. Please pm me if you can help.

Chookiehen
Learner Laner

Re: 3 Hens & 1 Bantam Seeking New Homes - North Somerset

Post by Chookiehen »

What a shame you aren't closer I would happily have taken them all I have a mix of large & small together wirh no problems in a Secure Walk-in-Run but allowed to FR supervised. I hope you find a good home soon
MichelleInSomerset
Learner Laner

My girls are still available, and free to a good home. If you are able to help, pm me.
Chookiehen
Learner Laner

Post by Chookiehen »

I would happily have these girls can anyone help with a chicken train to get these girls closer to me in hertfordshire? I also have family in Odiham Hampshire so could collect from there ? Or within a reasonable travel from Hants?
MichelleInSomerset
Learner Laner

Hi I've now found a local home for my hens, which I've been able to check out and am happy with.
BeckyBB
Lively Laner

Post by BeckyBB »

Hi Michelle,

Please to read you've found homes for your hens but just to say if plans fall through I'm willing to give your girls a free range home in Wales as I've sadly just lost some of my ex batts and have plenty of room. I return home to Somerset on a monthly basis to visit family so travelling wouldn't be a problem. Anyway hope it all works out for the hens. Good luck.