Hens needing loving home-Vale of Glamorgan

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
chucklemum
Learner Laner

Hens needing loving home-Vale of Glamorgan

Post by chucklemum »

Hi Everyone, My first post and sadly probably my last as i'm looking for a new home for my last two chucks,which are hybrids, a light sussex and a dark star. I've decided to give up poultry and thought it would be better to let them go now rather than wait and end up with one lonely hen! They are the last of a flock of 6 and are now 3and a half years old, but still laying nearly every day. They've had a lovely life here in a large raised coup with large run and have had free range of the garden, so ideally i'd like them to go somewhere they could free range . The coup, run, all equipment, food ect would come with the chooks if needed, but coup ect would have to be picked up as we don't have transport for it. I'm hoping someone out there can give them a new loving home with maybe some other chucks for company.

jackian
Legendary Laner

Re: Hens needing loving home-Vale of Glamorgan

Post by jackian »

Sorry I can't help as too far away ,but might have done.
I am sure someone will help out ,
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
chucklemum
Learner Laner

Post by chucklemum »

Thanks Jackian for your reply, I do hope so, i'm sure there must be someone in our area who are looking for 2 more to add to their flock, i have one called rosie too and the other is kizzy. I will miss them but my concern is that they get a good new home with lots of room to roam. Thank you anyway.
BeckyBB
Lively Laner

Post by BeckyBB »

Hi there,
I've just read your post and might be able to help. I know of a lady in our local village who said to me last week she was keen to have some chooks but funds were a bit tight so was having to wait until she could afford to build/buy a coup. I will tell her tomorrow about your offer and how to contact you through the Forum. Is that ok? She lives near Cross Hands Carmarthenshire.
BeckyBB
Lively Laner

Post by BeckyBB »

Hi there, It's me again. I've just spoken with my friend, Kay and she is very interested and would very much like to discuss with you the possibility of offering your chooks a new home. She has had chickens before some years ago so she knows whats involved. If you're still looking for a home would you like to PM me and I will pass on your details as she is not too hot on the computor. Many thanks. Becky
chucklemum
Learner Laner

Post by chucklemum »

Hi Everyone again. Thanks to Becky,Kay and Chris my two remaining girls have now gone to their new home. I was so pleased to meet Kay and quickly realised she would be the perfect person to adopt my chooks. I do hope she and chris enjoy looking after them and i'll be in touch soon to see how they're settling in.
perchy

Post by perchy »

)c( )c( )c(
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

)t' That's great news.
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Glad things have worked out for all of you a great result all round :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BeckyBB
Lively Laner

Post by BeckyBB »

Hi Linda, I can honestly say your ladies are living the dream.......I've popped in to see Kay and Chris a few times and they are the most caring chook owners I've ever come across, infact I've booked myself in for a holiday as well. Really glad everything turned out well for everyone. {hug}
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

What a lovely story, well done everyone. )app(
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/