Marilyn's looking for a home (North East)

Ex-Battery Rescue Info, Other hens needing homes & Hens wanted
LisaB

Marilyn's looking for a home (North East)

Post by LisaB »

As some of you know I've had a lot of trouble recently with her attacking me and my other girls, and her constant shouting.

She's not attacked me for a few days now but fights are still going on within the flock, as well as this she shouts every time I go in the garden which makes me not even want to go see my girls.

Is there any chance at all there is anyone out there with an allotment with a cockerel or two that could put her in her place?

I would be able drop her off within an hours drive of Middlesbrough.

Thank you :(

jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: Marilyn's looking for a home (North East)

Post by jemberelli »

Aww Lisa what a shame - really wish I was able to offer her a home but I already have a very shouty bully and I think it would be a recipe for disaster! I will keep ask around & see if anyone I know can offer her a home. Good luck {hug}
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Aww thanks so much {hug}
If it doesn't work out I can always take her back too and look for another home, just so no one feels they will be stuck with her if it doesn't go as planned.
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

Sorry I can't help, I just dont have the space Lisa but good luck in finding her a suitable home )t'
Julie x
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Julie {hug}
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I thought I should add that she's a young hen, around 40 weeks I think and lays 5-6 eggs a week. We're not sure what breed she is, were told a Suffolk cross whatever that means, but here's a picture of her

jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

Oh she is a beauty ! what a shame she has to go .
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

jackian wrote:Oh she is a beauty ! what a shame she has to go .

I know {cry} she's a lovely looking girl but with the noise she makes isn't ideal where I live. She's also a bit too big for my little batties :(
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

I thought we were over the pecking me, but no, she had it out for me this morning and drew blood.

What am I going to do if I cant find a home for her? She really can't stay here, she's not stopped shouting all morning and I've not even been outside apart from letting them out this morning {cry}

She's also bullying my batties again, especially Ivy {cry}
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Lisa is there a batty rehoming day near you any time soon ? I ask because the Homes4hens people rehomed my two wee boys for me, I would think any chicken rehoming organisation would be willing to help.
Have you tried Preloved - the advice though is not to offer free to good home as they can be taken by the wrong folk to be used for the wrong reasons - especially if they know she is a hen that has a bit of attitude.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Ohh, I didnt think of checking with battie rehomings! Thank you Annie!

I'm a bit apprehensive about using preloved for that reason, I don't want anything bad to happen to her :(
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

sent you a pm Lisa. )t'
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Thanks Al :-D
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

)c( )c( marilyn is coming to live in steel city with ace and her little flock she will srrive either wed or thurs and will be photographed and posted by friday at the latest >ch< )app(
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

)c( what a lovely happy ending. No doubt Frankii will be pleased to have another wife :-D
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen