The long earth / the long war

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Don Roberto
Legendary Laner

The long earth / the long war

Post by Don Roberto »

Have just bought these two Sci Fi / fantasy novels co written by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter. Have read the long earth, and have just started the long war. Cracking Stories both. Imagine a series of parallel earths, all just a simple side step away east or west. The mass migration away from oppression and taxes. The reemergence of the pioneer spirit, the fury of a United States government suddenly unable to tax all the potential wealth of this infinite number of Americas, riveting stuff. Terry Pratchett of disc world fame, a master of fantasy writing, and Stephen Baxter, unsurpassed in the field of science fiction. They have come together to create two brilliant novels. Buy em, you won't be disappointed.
Cheers me dears.......... )wav(
Treat each new day as if it were your last, because one day you will be right.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Re: The long earth / the long war

Post by rhubarb93 »

Found the Long Earth in the library recently, and really enjoyed it. I think more Pratchett than Baxter. Followed it with some Baxter, which i didn't warm to at all.
Didn't know the next one was out already, so will look for that now,
Thanks, Don R
HedgeHugger
Legendary Laner

Re: The long earth / the long war

Post by HedgeHugger »

I read The Long Earth when it came out and The Long War is on my Kindle waiting to be read. It'll be next after I've finished One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.