Wolf HALL

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Wolf HALL

Post by urbanchicks »

I watched the first episode and thought it superb on acting ,costumes and historical content don't like the BBC much these days but this is going to be a very good series.

Maggie.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Wolf HALL

Post by mrs boodles »

Yes I enjoyed it too.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I've V+ it to watch when I get time to settle down and concentrate. It's had mostly good reviews but some people don't like the uber-realistic low lighting, they filmed just using candles for lights and so it seems a bit gloomy? Fingers crossed as I usually love a period drama and loved The Other Bolyn Girl film :-D
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I love that film as well Kate, don`t think it had a particularly good review when made but think it was pretty good. Wolf Hall is quite dark but I personally didn`t really find it was a problem and am looking forward to episode 2.
Totally Scrambled
Site Admin

Post by Totally Scrambled »

I liked it too.
The lighting was fine as far as I'm concerned as it added realism.
Looking forward to the next one )t'
Dom
Ali Woks My World
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Watched episode two last night, so very different from other series about Henry eighth etc, much deeper. Really enjoying it still.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

Unfortunately there is some low grade dullard fodder on the fifth channel where 3rd and 4th rate celebs try and bolster their own dwindling careers by living in a house with cameras and swearing a lot... for some reason Mrs Spoon has taken to watching it this year (is it only on once a year... there are so many versions of this sort of vacuous tripe circulating), after this one has ceased to blight our airwaves we shall hopefully return to some semblance of normality. Anyway since the onset of this blight I have been forced to record anything of potential broadcasting merit and have decided to retire with my book at 2100hrs each evening in protest at its continued existence. I look forward to watching it; even more so since you have all given it such good reviews.
Bah Humbug
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

I think that is a wise decision Saintly person, hopefully it won't be too long before you can venture out again and catch up on some decent TV again....
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

I think I'm going to have to give up on Wolf Hall. I've watched four episodes now and although the acting as superb I'm finding it very slow and dull >dum<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Think it is the last episode next week Kate. I am enjoying it but don`t think I would watch it again.
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I enjoyed the story and the acting seemed convincing enough... the production style was a bit slow and the cinematography a tad dreary but over all I enjoyed it. )like(
Bah Humbug