The love song of miss Queenie Hennessey.........

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Don Roberto
Legendary Laner

The love song of miss Queenie Hennessey.........

Post by Don Roberto »

Two things to know about blokes!!! Yes, we are known to manfully wipe away the odd tear from time to time. And yes we do read books with the L word in the title from time to time.
Last week whilst doing the weekly Sainsco shopping, we had a quick peruse of the book counter, and lo and behold the above title popped up. Donna M picked it up and showed it to me, what caught my eye was the advertised title of this books companion volume, The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold fry. I read this book a couple of years ago, and I really enjoyed it. Short synopsis. A deeply unhappy man receives a letter from an old work colleague telling him that she is in a hospice and just wants to say good bye. He writes her a letter and goes out to post it and just keeps on walking from Dorset to the hospice in Berwick on Tweed. The latest book tells Queenie the colleagues story, a joyous laugh out loud story with a real gut punch of an ending. Read em both, they will not disappoint..... Cheers me dears............. )wav(
Treat each new day as if it were your last, because one day you will be right.
jemberelli
Legendary Laner

Re: The love song of miss Queenie Hennessey.........

Post by jemberelli »

They sound very interesting. I have heard of The Unlikely Pilgrimage... but didn't know about the next one. That said, they will have to wait, I have a whole bookshelf of books waiting to be read, as well a oodles on my Ki**le! Thanks for the recommendation DR )t'
No girls at the moment but look forward to getting more in the future. Proud mummy to Hector, a Bedlington Terrier x Jack Russell
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: The love song of miss Queenie Hennessey.........

Post by fabindia »

I read the "The unlikely pilgrimage of Harold Fry" to Mrs Fab a couple of years back when on holiday. She does read for herself but we like to share a book. We also read The One Hundred Year Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared.

The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy - sounds like something we should read next :-D
Michael