Bee Gees

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Bee Gees

Post by Annie »

Did anyone watch the show on Friday night listing their top 20 songs (as chosen by you the viewers huh) ? I didn't realise just how many songs they wrote for other folks and it was funny to hear them say they consider themselves songwriters first and foremost and singers only in the second place. Enjoyed the songs and the clips , thought the interviews a little sad to watch as the surviving brothers don't seem to be 100% , still they are getting older.
There was an awful lot of teeth, hair and very tight trousers on the programme - this is where you need a fan to cool down by smilie +f+
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
p.penn

Re: Bee Gees

Post by p.penn »

I meant to but was working then had my turkey crisis, so missed it. :?

Which song won? My fave is probably 'How deep is your love'
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yes 'How deep' did win, Helen
We watched in after recording it. We have always like the Bee Gees anyway. Poor Robin looks awful doesn't he ? although I did hear he wasn't well.
Loved it )t'
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

Yes I watched it and it was better than I thought it was going to be. There is talk that Robin is anorexic and it was announced a few weeks back that Barry has liver cancer. It was lovely to hear all the old songs.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

If you are right Maggie , then I find it unbelievably sad that a family of talented men such as the Gibb brothers find themselves in this sad way, two brothers already dead when far too young and the other two fighting their own battles.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Missed it sadly, but love love love the Bee Gees here - I was brought up on them as Mum love them )t' :-D :-D :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Yes, it is very sad {cry}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

{cry} {cry} {cry}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.