Glastonbury - The Rolling Stones.

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Glastonbury - The Rolling Stones.

Post by Richard »

Blimey, not bad for Old Age Pensioners are they !!

What do you think, shocked me I must say, brilliant.

My son Leo's going to se them at Hyde Park next week, sure he won't be disappointed.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
julie62
Legendary Laner

Re: Glastonbury - The Rolling Stones.

Post by julie62 »

We were just discussing how differently we view old age now - when Frank Sinatra was in his 70s he was an old man - and then you look at Mick Jagger !!! .. I think it's great to see oldies still giving all they've got .. i thought they were good too .. not as if they were singing and playing rubbish now )t'
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
Stig
Lively Laner

Post by Stig »

I didn't see rolling Stones (they're not my thing really) but I saw Chic on Friday night & they were stunning - note perfect! Nile Rodgers must be in his 60s I'd guess, diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and still the coolest bloke on the planet (& currently number 1 in the charts, with his "session band" Daft Punk!)
Maggie1

Post by Maggie1 »

And our Grandaughter saw and heard it all for free as she's part of the security team. I expect she will be full of it when she gets home.
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I saw a bit on you tube and thought he was as sexy as ever! Not bad for almost 70 eh? :-D
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
HazellB
Longlasting Laner

Post by HazellB »

I'm going to hold my hand up and say they didn't move me an inch. They weren't bad, just not that good, if you know what I mean. Maybe I'm just not a fan.
Was mildly amused at my first thought when seeing the Stones on stage "That guitarist is Johnny Depp's dad!" then I realised it was the first time I'd seen them on stage doing their real job {rofwl}

Example was my star at Glastonbury. Brilliant )t'
@Sheldonatsov
My horrible dog's a Twit(ter)
Richard

Post by Richard »

Johnny Depp's part in the Caribbean series was inspired by Keith Richard (which is why Keith was in the Movie playing his Dad) :-D :-D
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
urbanchicks
Longlasting Laner

Post by urbanchicks »

Don't follow this Richard, can you enlighten me? :?

Maggie
Richard

Post by Richard »

When Johnny Depp got the movie part, he wanted to play it like Keith Richard as in looks, voice and mannerisms.

Ref Wikipedia...'He was brought to life by Depp, who based his characterization on The Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards and cartoon character Pepé Le Pew'.

and..

After researching 18th-century pirates, Depp compared them to modern rock stars and decided to base his performance on Keith

It was odd because when the first film came out I said to someone 'blimey, it's like Keith Richard' !

So as a gesture Depp asked Richard if he'd like to play his Dad in Pirates of the Caribbean 'At World's End'.

Richard
junemackenzie
Lively Laner

Post by junemackenzie »

Well, back to the Stones at Glastonbury. In my opinion they gave a fantastic Masterclass on how to do it. I was totally blown away by a fantastic performance by them all but expecially Mick.
:-D
Richard

Post by Richard »

Big day for my son today at Hyde Park and do you know....

.....the last time they played there, I watched them !!

Like father like son but if someone told me 'one day you'll have a son who'll go to watch them when Mick Jagger's nearly 70', I wouldn't have believed it !