Great British Bake Off.

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: Great British Bake Off.

Post by mrs boodles »

I have never been brave enough to try making flavoured bread, it amazes me the flavours they come out with. Cant say I fancied the fruit one that was made.

Its desserts next week. )eat(
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

How come last year the programme was on catch up for the whole series and this year I could only get episode 2? So missed the first one }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

Sandy, try Youtube
Because my memory is not brilliant......http://debrazzaman.blogspot.com/
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I don't watch the whole programe because I am not really interested in baking, and I don't bake myself because it would encourage me to eat it. I do however watch the follow up, Extra Slice I think is what it's called. I find that entertaining, love Jo Brand, and Julian Clary the guest this week. Half an hour on baking is enough for me, I don't need to know all the ins and outs of it. )t'
Ilona
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Thanks Tosca )t'
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

Well!!!! Just watched the Bake Off Alaska special and can't believe the attitude of one person. And I don't mean Ian! Though admittedly he should have been more restrained, I probably would have done the same. {mr.angry}

We have played the 'incident' back three times and unless editing has been abused, Diana should have been the one sent home. Disgraceful. )gr:

Roll on next week! {rofwl}
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

No, wasn`t all sweetness and light last night was it. Will be watching the extra programme of Friday to see if anything said. was really surprised about them doing a baked Alaska anyway, didn`t see to fit in with the scheme of things.
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

I was surprised at the baked Alaska, especially as the baking was done on one of the hottest days of the year and in a tent.

If Ian's ice cream was removed from the freezer, making him unable to construct his Alaska, then I think that he should still be there. I can understand his reaction, even if a bit over the top. It might have been better for him if he had taken it out to be judged as it was. Such a shame.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Tosca I watched the alaska but again and hadn;t realised Diana had removed Iain's icecream! If it was becuase he has his own freezer why didn;t she tell him she was taking out {warn}

p.penn

Post by p.penn »

I actually thought he was very restrained, although I guess he shouldnt have binned it.

I also don't think the lady in question would have done it deliberately, but if it had been me who had removed it, I would have been in tears, completely mortified, and definitely spoken to the judges about it. Also, a decent apology seemed lacking. I was less than impressed. {mr.angry}

All in all, given the ridiculous heat, I think it would have been kind to have added a couple of extra hours on for freezing
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
tosca100
Lively Laner

Post by tosca100 »

Nobody expected perfection which was reflected in the positive comments for even the melted ones. They are claiming it was out for less than a minute but don't think it would have been that liquid in forty seconds. There have been a lot of complaints and Diana has been used to get people talking. It is said they are all friends. no animosity or blame. Accidents happen, but it was her attitude which riled me and I think something apologetic said on the programme and less naughty editing would have been fairer.

However, Diana did not return after falling sick, so end of story.

Onward and upward. :-D
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

didn`t know Diana had left till saw your post Tosca. It all got a bit fraught didn`t it, but as you say, onwards and upwards. Its a good programme and I love it and it amazes me the baking they do.