Esio Trot

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Re: Esio Trot

Post by KathJ »

I tried to watch this last night but couldn't really get into it. I felt sorry for all those tortoises and wondered what was going to happen to them all >dum<
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Kath, that was another reason I couldn't watch it, there was something said about the tortoises hinting about possible cruelty. Can't watch anything like that. I'm disappointed because I like Dustin and Judy.
Ilona
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

What has happened and the RSPCA have spoken about it is that following the programme people have been racing around trying to buy tortoises.

Very worrying. Shame such a back lash of such a nice programme.

I'm sure the BBC would have had someone 'official' to oversee things though.

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I don't usually open TV threads (and only watch quizzes), so I had no idea what this thread was about until I visited Oxfam today looking for books for my grandson which we have SOMEWHERE in the house. Well. they didn't have Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, no use buying the Great Glass Elevator because it follows on and if we find one we'll find both. But I got a couple of Dahl books that we never had - BFG and......you've guessed Esio Trot.

I can't imagine it acted by real people, they are very cartoonish in the book.
And the forward says you can't buy tortoises now because it was banned for being cruel, but the story was set in a time when every family had a pet tortoise.

I remember finding one in the street and taking it home. After it had eaten the young bedding plants (stocks I think) it wandered off again.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire