Documentary on Beverley Allitt

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Documentary on Beverley Allitt

Post by Gwenoakes »

Last night there was yet another documentary on the above nurse who killed/harmed children in our local hospital, Grantham. Did anyone else watch it? From what I saw last night she was/is a very manipulative person. One girl who was very damaged by her was to this day very frightened that she would come back and 'get her', in her words.
One of our daughters was on ward 4, children's ward when she was about and what amazed me then and still does now is why parent's or a guardian did not stay with each and every child when admitted.
I was told at midnight after previously requesting a bed for the duration of my daughters stay that there wasn't one. To that I replied, OK I will sleep in this comfy armchair then.....within approx half an hour I had a bed, not that I slept a lot, but I was there which was the most important thing to both me and my daughter.
I personally witnessed one incident where a mother brought her child in to be circumcised, just putting him in the cot/bed a quick word with the nursing staff and then disappeared, leaving the child absolutely distraught and sobbing.
wendy

Re: Documentary on Beverley Allitt

Post by wendy »

No I didn't. But I have recorded it though.
Very sad all round and I think I probably would have done the same as you Gwen
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning