So excited

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: So excited

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I always think of 'hutch' as the American word for a dresser - or just for the top bit of it. My friend's mum was American & she used to refer to it as a sideboard & hutch, even though hers was all one piece.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just seen this Perchy. I had wanted a pine dresser for 35 years and I got one last year. Just happened to look in the local rag and there it was, priced at £90 3'6" wide by 6' high and just fitted my ideal space, so was very chuffed. You are right everything comes to those who wait, just that sometimes you have to wait longer than others.

It was an older couple who had lived in their house for 50 years and were moving into a bungalow and they didnt have room for it. I promised the wife that I would take great care of it and love it, so she gave me a huge bowl full of pot pourri as well. It was rather sad too because I could tell that she really didnt want to move and I think of her when I look at the dresser.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Oh Gwen what a lovely story, and to be honest, my dresser looks like she has been cared for if you know what I mean, and I will treasure her, a friend visited yesterday who hadn't seen it and she was speechless, as it makes the whole area look so different, I was so proud {rofwl} like showing off a new grandchild :-D
cluckymama
Lively Laner

Post by cluckymama »

envy}} This is beautiful!!
Emilie x
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

envy}} so beautiful i would say absolutety Perchyfect {hug} Linda
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
perchy

Post by perchy »

Linda S wrote:envy}} so beautiful i would say absolutety Perchyfect {hug} Linda

{hug}