Goth clothing

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mrs B

Goth clothing

Post by Mrs B »

Does anyone know a good website for Goth type clothing, there are so many I am going dizz?

Hopefully there should be a decent Goth shop in Whitby and if not then it will be a trip to Nottingham.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Re: Goth clothing

Post by MissEllie »

Are you going goth then Mrs B?
How about good old fleabay )t'
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

There's some great places in Whitby, Mrs B. Have you ever been there on Goth Weekend? It's great!
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I was clearing out a cupboard and found some of my old Goth stuff, think DD must have nabbed it. Mr Beer likes me in Goth stuff, it turns him to jelly bless.

I just think larger ladies can look wrong in Goth clothing so I will go for a muted version to what I used to wear.

I don't do fleabay now I always seem to end up with junk or people hacking my paypal so gave it up as a bad job.
cluckymama
Lively Laner

Post by cluckymama »

My goth mates buy most of thier clothes online.. I was shocked at how expensive some of it is!! yike* Some shops in Whitby do sell Goth clothes but thier isnt masses of choice.
I agree with Lisa B the goth weekend is brilliant! )t'
Emilie x
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

When does Whitby have their Goth weekend. Must admit I know folk who are Goths, who will probably go.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Not sure when Goth weekends are but I bet there is a website for it.

I will only have a toned down version of Goth due to being old and fat, nothing worse than an overdressed fat woman. I agree some of the clothes are VERY expensive and I remember some of the brands being very snug so their idea of a medium is more of a petite 10 than a generous 12.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Mrs B, STOP

you are NOT fat or OLD, you are a lovely woman, don't tone things down esp if it turns Mr B to jelly )w( )w(
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
perchy

Post by perchy »

Bollybarb wrote:Mrs B, STOP

you are NOT fat or OLD, you are a lovely woman, don't tone things down esp if it turns Mr B to jelly )w( )w(

That's told you Mrs B )t'

Don't mess with the midwife )grin2(
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Bossy Bolly is nick name of mine!! )t'
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

You are sweet Bolly, blind but sweet.

Just a thing of mine that I used to be very adventurous with clothes and now am just dull dull dull, really need a new look.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Then do it!!

OOOH i wonder if we could get Trinny and Susannah to come and enliven us?? I'd love to be Trinny'ed and Susannah'ed
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I think I'd rather be Gok-ed
I agree with the others Mrs B - you should go for it.

(and, from the way you talk, I would expect you to be really old & really fat, but from the last meet-up picture you posted, you are neither ... although you have put on a bit of weight since taking the picture for your avatar...)
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
ChrisG
Legendary Laner

Post by ChrisG »

LittleBrownFrog wrote:
... although you have put on a bit of weight since taking the picture for your avatar...)

Good thing too! :shock:
Chris xx

34.If someone can’t accept you at your worst, they don’t deserve you at your best
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I could diet down to a 10 again but I have spent a fortune on biscuits to get this (lack of) waist so don't want to waste all that money.

Just eaten a kitkat chunky, oops but had been to hospital visiting so needed the calories to fight off hospitalitis plus, DD and Mr Beer each ate one so I didn't want to seem a party pooper