Frugal computing

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
macleaf
Learner Laner

Re: Frugal computing

Post by macleaf »

ive just got rid of my wind up gramaphone,i think i might be a little behind in this lastest gadget is it powerd by a accululater,as i got rid of that too, if so i will wait for the wireless radio to come along,am i in the right centuary,do you think?
Stig
Lively Laner

Post by Stig »

Macleaf, I've just twittered a reply to you on facebook... :?
macleaf
Learner Laner

Post by macleaf »

Hi Stig, not sure what you mean about facebook?,i read a lot of wilber smith,terrific books once you start to read you cant put them down >dum<
entrus
Lively Laner

Post by entrus »

Murphy's law of computing states that the day after you buy your machine, they announce a new one twice as good, at half the price.

Nick
[center][/center]Visit us at the the Living Well On A Shoestring Blog at http://tinyurl.com/a5hdujt Helping you live better on less!
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Nick's Raspberry Pi arrived today - there must have been quite a demand for it to take nearly 4 months to arrive.

I still have no idea what it really is >dum<
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Fellsider
Lively Laner

Post by Fellsider »

I got all excited when I read Raspberry pie. I think you can sometimes get them for £1 in the supermarket, or were they cherry?

I'm hungry now :?
Ruled by Henry, the miniature serama cockerel who thinks he is 10 feet tall.
Stig
Lively Laner

Post by Stig »

Mine arrived last week as well. My son whisked it away before I had a chance to experiment with it and he was using it online within half an hour. It's not the most powerful thing ever, but so cheap & small! The Linux op system is also basic and visually not very impressive but on the other hand it's FREE!!!