This Weekend's Car Boot Finds

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
entrus
Lively Laner

Re: This Weekend's Car Boot Finds

Post by entrus »

St. Agnes Jumble was excellent.

1 Roberts radio alarm - £1.00
1 victorian silver mounted ivory page turner/paper knife - 20p -They said it was a ruler.
2 unused wetstones - 50p the pair
1 cast iron skillet - £1.00
1 6 CD set of 40's big band swing music - £1.00
Various book - £2.00

Nick
[center][/center]Visit us at the the Living Well On A Shoestring Blog at http://tinyurl.com/a5hdujt Helping you live better on less!
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

Had a good weekend at the car boot this week. I scored a Leak st20 stereo valve amp for £2, from a regular carbooter who deals mainly in house clearence. I asked how much was it, he replied "if you tell me what it is I,ll know what its worth" I shrugged my shoulders and rolled my eyes as if I didnt know what it was, "is it worth a couple of quid to you" was his reply. I could hardly contain my self :-D Got it home fired it up and apart from a few leaky capacitors which i,ll replace it sounds wonderfull. One sold on Fleabay today for £506 :-D :-D
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
entrus
Lively Laner

Post by entrus »

Well done Happybob!

Glad to see that there are still some of us bargain hunting stalwarts still out there.

Over the last two weks I have picked an oil lamp (cranberry glass bowl) for a fiver, a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner (Dyson clone) for two quid, and three Austrian copper pans (unused) for four quid.

Carboot weather is now at its best, so get out there and save!

Nick
[center][/center]Visit us at the the Living Well On A Shoestring Blog at http://tinyurl.com/a5hdujt Helping you live better on less!
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

entrus wrote:
Glad to see that there are still some of us bargain hunting stalwarts still out there.

Carboot weather is now at its best, so get out there and save!

Nick

Happy days Nick, now the weathers back with us, and also well done to you on your recent requisitions. :-D :-D )t' )t'
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

From a more female perspective (ie nothing much in the way of gizmoes or motorised things):

- handful of broken jewellery - 2 of which turned out to be long gold chains - 50p
- dirty material and a matching quilt - turned out to be another Laura Ashley double bed set and 5 metres of upholstery weight fabric. Washed up a dream - £1
- a bag of material odds and ends - the lady looked and said, would you take the lot? 2 bin bags of good sized, good quality fabric - £1
- box of bowls, good for paint mixing (which most had been used for) - one looks like a Suzy Cooper (haven't got it all clean yet and it is probably cracked), 2 of the others are pudding basins and 1 is still black and nasty, but might be silver (waiting for some proper cleaner before I go further) - £4
- a wedding bouquet made out of brooches (all the rage apparently, but the wedding lasted longer than the marriage), 48 brooches and a big handful of pearl beads - £1
- a big bag of lime green elastic - £5 (I measured 89 metres)

All in all a huge amount of stash to add to the almost small business, as in almost up and running. All that upcycling and a quick trip into town for some expert advice :-D
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/
entrus
Lively Laner

Post by entrus »

Well done Stef!

After cleaning the crocks try soaking them in Hydrogen Peroxide to clean out the very small cracks.

Nick
Stef
Legendary Laner

Post by Stef »

Thanks Nick, I'll grab some next time I'm in town.

I now have to explain to OH why I thought so much lime green elastic was ever going to be a good idea :-D
1 dumbo rat still without a name; 2 top eared rats Octavia and Ursula
1 Rhode Rock, 1 Sussex Star, 1 Blue Ranger - The New Monochrome Set

My crafty blog, it's Frugal too http://relovedremnants.blogspot.co.uk/