Crafty deal!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Crafty deal!

Post by Mallard »

My step-son rang me this morning to tell me he had some paving slabs that he knew I wanted for the lottie.
He said he had to call at Bee'n Queues which is only a stones throw from the allotments. He picked me up and he said have you got your bus pass on you; I had. confused>
He was buying a gas hob but couldn't get the oven he wanted.
The bus pass? He told the assistant he was buying it for me and could he have the Wednesday over sixties 10% discount! They let him have it, so I now have a discount card and the prospect of another trip to get an oven! )grin2( Crafty!
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
teddymouse
Longlasting Laner

Re: Crafty deal!

Post by teddymouse »

well if you dont ask you dont get,good of him. )t'
angie
why is it these days that common sense and common decency aren't that common?????
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

My friend whom I share one of the plots at the allotment is over 60 and he often tells me if I ever need anything from there to let him know and he'd get it for me using his 10% discount (I think it's on Wednesdays only) ((w
rubyhen
Lively Laner

Post by rubyhen »

Its a great idea! If I want anything I take me old Pa down and we load up the trolley. You can see others doing the same (Wednesdays!).

How about you rent yourself out (as it were)? - at last a benefit of being older!!

Roob :-D
5 hens: Keira, Dot, Beryl, Kylie and Magda.
RIP: Ruby, Ginger, Tilly, Meg and Phyllis.
roddelmae
Longlasting Laner

Post by roddelmae »

Hi; first time posting, but everyone has to start somewhere!
B&Q; their prices are over the top anyway. I find most things I want on ebay, providing I don't want it in the next five minutes. Also, Wilkinsons is very cheap for a lot of basic DIY items and tools. The latter are not for professional use, but good enough for me.
Example; my wife wanted new handles for the kitchen cupboards. B&Q and Homebase, which are our local DIY stores, upwards of £4 each! I got brand new handles with screws for 79p each plus £5.35 courier carraige for 22 of them. No contest.
What's right with this country is the freedom to discuss what's wrong with it.