mrs boodles frugal feb:

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Re: mrs boodles frugal feb:

Post by mrs boodles »

Dissapointed with myself as seem to have spent more money. Did one shop at weekend and that does`nt suit me I have found cos I still have had to go out during this week. (I did use a shopping list at big shop so no real excuses) car has had to be used more this week so no saving there. Hubby`s birthday so bought him a couple of books and he is getting a sun lounger {rofwl} from me as well, well the sun might shine sometime. I did economise and wrap books up in Xmas paper.

So my aims for next week are,
Main meals from food in freezer.
shop locally again for bits that are needed (for me that, I think is better) and steer well clear of the bigger supermarkets. would have to use car to get to them
Car again used only twice for hospital.
Market for fruit and veg using bus pass to get there.
Try for some no spend days again
more money in pot for new bed.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Pleased with this week saving. Since Sunday I have only spent £3.50p. £3 on eggs and 50p in the donation pot for tea after rehab. Have`nt been out apart from hospital, and eaten up food from freezer and fridge. still have plenty in the freezer so will still be using food up from there but do need to get a few basic bits and pieces tomorrow. No petrol bought this week and again no parking fees at hospital so all in all I am pretty pleased with this past week. Just wish I could get cracking in garden.
Linda Pattison
Lively Laner

Post by Linda Pattison »

Shopping can be tricky, as sometimes we have to spend a bit more short-term to save long-term. So long as our bargains are thins we legitimately use, it seems to work out. You're clever to read metres, we're using less energy than years back, and barely keeping costs under control, it's the big issue of our time!
One of your fb DTL admins with Manda Powdrill and Christy Poole.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Not really sure how frugal this coming week is going to be as I am going to be taking one of ferrets to vets and other ferret needs some more tablets.
Also need to put a bit of petrol in car as hospital as well.
Very pleased with the mini oven and think this is going to pay for itself over next few weeks. Have done cake, pasta bakes etc in it.
Food wise I only have to buy (touch wood) potatoes and eggs. Have enough food in freezers and cupboards to cook and eat.
Although frugal feb is nearly at an end I am going to carry on as I would like to have a reasonable bank balance as I had when I worked, hubby does`nt begrudge me anything but I do like to have a bit of independance.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Well done for keeping it going after feb Mrs Boodles, hope your ferret gets on ok at the vets {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Have just ordered an electric mincer and sausage maker, not frugal in short term but am sure will be in long run and get a lot of use. I raided my penny jar to get it, and that is just coin that is in my purse that I have saved over past few weeks.
Linda Pattison
Lively Laner

Post by Linda Pattison »

Utility companies! If only their CEO's took a pay cut, I don't mind legitimate rises but wht I see is gouging by execs at the same time. Glad the mini-oven is working out, I found that our new microwave is so much better than the old one, both in energy usage and in cooking quality.
One of your fb DTL admins with Manda Powdrill and Christy Poole.
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Well I wish I could have done better, as I said in post before I am going to try and carry it on in march and hope I can improve in being frugal. Will let you know as going to keep a diary for this month re:spending and not spending.