My Tardis died.

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

My Tardis died.

Post by Knikitta »

After three wonderful years together, it is time for me part ways with my first car. She has done me proud with a lot of long distance trips (Lincoln to Southam numerous times) and has been a life saver more than once when we needed trips to hospital, late night shop for nappies/milk etc, but her work is now done.

She is to be scrapped as the cost of work involved to get her back on the road is more than we paid for her in the first place (£400+ was the estimate to fix her not inc labour) so we have to do this.

I turn to you, Laners, and your vast wealth of knowledge to help us find our next 'taxi'.

Can anyone recommend a make/model of car please that has three seats in the back. Preferably NOT an MPV/7 seater.

It MUST be three separate seats like they are in the Ford C-Max:
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
Mad Chick

Re: My Tardis died.

Post by Mad Chick »

I don't know what make/model your tardis was but if I had a car I had liked so much, I'd be looking to get another )t'
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »

It was an old S-Reg Renault Megane and it was just one problem after another with it and we only paid £600 for the car and we have already spent over £2000 on it constantly getting it fixed. }hairout{

Plus I have recently had a baby increasing our family size to five, so it's too small for us now.
I swear I'll have a permanent imprint of my palm over my face from reading forums.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I didn't know your baby had arrived knikitta, congratulations on your new arrival {hug} , sorry if you posted and I've missed hearing about it. What did you have? Would love to hear some details - name, weight, maybe a photo...
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Knikitta
Longlasting Laner

Post by Knikitta »