Kindle on PC

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mallard
Legendary Laner

Kindle on PC

Post by Mallard »

I was looking for an e-reader after sis told me about using my library card to get e-books, but it looked a bit of a rave. So I googled on.
Then I discovered kindle software can be downloaded for apple and windows free from Amazon uk if you have an account.
They do lots of free e-books too :-D Just put 0.00 in the book search! You go through the motions of buying, then you're directed to a down load page.
It's pretty neat, you can turn pages with a mouse or the space bar. )t'
I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money.
- Pablo Picasso
fishpond
Legendary Laner

Re: Kindle on PC

Post by fishpond »

Mallard, many thanks for that, just downloaded some light +pinn+ reading.
No problem can withstand the power of continuous thought.
rhubarb93
Legendary Laner

Post by rhubarb93 »

Thanks for this, Mallard.
I am not into too many gadgets, and I think there will be more and more stuff coming out for Kindle, so a really good tip, especially the freebies )t'
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I get a daily email listing free books for kindle: here
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
manda

Post by manda »

I think I mentioned this in my frugal thingy (if not I should have done)...I started downloading the free books (only the free ones mind you!) in December just gone....so far 490 books and not a penny spent )grin2(
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny