Have confused the accountant...Tee Hee!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Bok bok bok
Lively Laner

Post by Bok bok bok »

Wow, so this could actually work in my favor!

As I said before, I don't want to 'make 'money, I just want to be able to cover the cost of the animals and veg, and have enough to buy the other ingredience that turn it into a meal!

I think i will borrow my accountant friend and find out the best way to do things - you have all given me so many ideas!

at least she understands what I am trying to acheive and doesn't look at every business as being a money driven venture -infact I talked her into her chickens and am working on getting her veg garden up and running!

How lovely, being self employed and sucessfully, without making any money! who'd have thought it!

x
2 children, half a springer Spaniel, a Hamster, 2 Goldfish and an allotment. And a very excited, now mummy of some chickens again, Daisey, Dotty and Master Yoda!

A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion!
Ed Jones
Learner Laner

Post by Ed Jones »

he he! i wonder if i can pay my accountant with eggs this year?

last year i attended a "small business seminar" (i have a handyman business as well as the farm)which basically turned into a sales pitch for website designers. my accountant was there, and we got talking about websites, and he gave me a stern warning that i couldn't afford the £5k pricetag of a website...as if i'd listen...

I have a client / friend, in her 60's, quite frail, looks like she should be knitting scarves for the grandkids, but she's always had an ominously large twin screened Mac purring away in the corner of her living room. one day i asked what she could do on the monster pooter, and the results can be seen at www.cefnihandyman.co.uk

Price? a bag of cactus compost for £3.99. i'm looking forward to explaining this one to the bean counter. little victories are so sweet.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's amazing Ed, I've just had a look at your site and I'm well impressed. Are you saying your frail lady friend made it for you, have I got that right? Flippin amazing :-D

Ilona
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That's a good website. I set 3 up over recent years, all it costs is about £50 a year for the domain names and hosting (altogether). They sent me a free copy of Microsoft Frontpage and away I went.

www.mappletonmill.co.uk
www.charterboatwales.co.uk
www.dgworkwear.co.uk

Not done much on them recently, windmill and boat are for sale as the credit crunch has hit hard :!:
Ed Jones
Learner Laner

Post by Ed Jones »

yes, bless her. she's recently moved here from australia to be with her daughter, so she has the australian sense of humour and cutting wit, and we get on very well. apparently she used to be a web designer at an university, one day she decided i needed "rebranding" and took my business in hand so to speak, made me get smart logo'd Tshirts etc, shame the phonecalls and work have dried up since...ah well.

We've got some pigs and the lad got his ducks yesterday...old Mc Donald would feel right at home here now.