Fixed my oven door!

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Fixed my oven door!

Post by lancashire lass »

)c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c( )c(

I have a built in electric oven and 18 months ago broke the glass outer door (stupid stupid stupid stupid accident) As it is old and not a well known name, I've not known what to do and replacing the oven has not been a financial option. I bought a cheap combination oven and to be fair it has been brilliant and much more economical but I found out last year that it was not suitable for the Christmas roast and trimmings (too much faffing about, some things got cold while waiting for others to cook)

Well I've decided to have a go at a bit of diy today LOL - it won't win first prize, but I now have a door again. It's amazing what you can do with a 10m roll of extra thick aluminium foil on a metal mesh frame that was the perfect size, a couple of washers (to brace the handle against the mesh and the inner door) and a screw driver. I've packed the gap between inner glass door and the outer door with scrunched up cheap foil. I did a little roast (which could have gone into the combo oven or into the slow cooker if it failed) and I'm amazed it worked fine - roll on Christmas day )t'
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

(f+ (f+ (f+

well done ll hope christmas dinner turns out ok )c+ )c+

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Well done Lass

stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

That's amazing LancsLass, worth a go, I hope it works for your dinner. )t'

Ilona
julie2
Legendary Laner

Post by julie2 »

Very inventive of you , )t' Enjoy christmas dinner!
chickens rock!!!