Dog Coats

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
mellonia
Longlasting Laner

Post by mellonia »

Sorry don't make them, just telling you about my mums dog's coat, its like a little double breasted mac, in cream, she looks hilarious in it, like pink panther, peter sellers, so funny and she bites the collar the whole time its on and walks like a crab on a side, really really funny. they don't put it on she hates it that much.

Regards

Mellonia
money talks but all mine ever says is goodbye
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

I made one for our old Jack Russell (long since passed away) He loved it as his coat (ie fur) was quite thin and used to be miserable when walking during winter months, and it kept him dry when it rained. Get some velcro to use as fasteners - so much easier to put the coat on & off )t'
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

(f+ (f+ (f+

i bought our JR toby a hoodie with security written on the back in the sales for £3.00 its not a great fit but he loooks cute in it and he doesnt seem to mind it on :) :) :) id love to get him a coat but they are really expensive

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
misty
Legendary Laner

Post by misty »

I think Robinson's have got some in their sale. They do a lot of stuff for dogs now. My GSP would never wears hers.
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I usually knit ones for my spaniel as they fit much better, she is very long but not very plump. She has a fetching array of pink ones, which are much easier to see in the dark! The only thing is that it stretches in the rain, so she has to wear ANOTHER waterproof one over the top. :razz:

My old Lab has a navy wax one from the Range ( much cheaper than POH!) as pink is just not her! We had to make the strap much longer as it didnt fit her belly. She hates it, and trys to roll it off every time.

I draw the line at wellies for dogs!
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

Basil has a couple of hoodies. They cost me £1 from b+m. They give him an odd sort of confidence. When we have visitors he will hide in a cormer/under table and widdle himself. When he gets up a bit of courage he will go and get a hoodie and pass it to me. Then when its on he may go and say hello to visitors. I know it soulds silly, but he does like wearing them.
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills