I have frugally sinned !

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

I have frugally sinned !

Post by Richard »

First, the Excuse........
My aches and pains in the shoulder, hip, knees and getting night cramps in the feet.

Second, the Sin......
I have purchased, at the grand sum of £9.95, an Electric Underblanket !
As you know, I don't have any heating atall upstairs and have to admit that even I, the Great Warrior, have felt it a bit of late.

I've calculated that by switching it on for 40 minutes before I get into bed, it will cost me approx 5p per night. Blimey, that's a few extra hours work I've got to find before Spring.

I guess I should ask Dave if I'm just a big girls blouse I suppose, but I don't care, I'm going to bed in half an hour and will love it !

I enjoy going to the Crossroads once in a while !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
juicylucy
Longlasting Laner

Post by juicylucy »

Good on ya richard )t'
Heated blankets are ace..ive got 1 myself but paid about 17 quid for it a couple of years ago...sounds like you got yourself a bargain there.
1 gorgeous boxer dog, 2 oap cats, 1 black star and 10 ex battery girls
http://www.henrehomers.net/
Richard

Post by Richard »

Argos !

Didn't buy the cheapest, went for the £14 one as it was a bit longer. Went to pay, was asked for £9.95, queried if it was the right one, it was on special offer !

I could of course, stuff three cats down the sheets about an hour before bedtime, but they'd probably beat me up when it came to chucking out time !

Don't do cats in beds anyway !
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
hfbinnie
Lively Laner

Post by hfbinnie »

tut, tut Richard :-D

Just as a point of interest now you can get you bus pass you are now possibly eligible for Warm Front

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/do-i-qualify.htm
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

thats OK dear......

We all have our guilty little pleasures, but i think it was probably more a nessecity (SP) in your case though. So enjoy
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

(f+ (f+ (f+

hope you enjoy a nice warm bed richard :) :) :)

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I did indeed.

It'll be installation of full Gas Central Heating next. But only if it costs less than the £17.67 I have in my coin jar.

Thanks for the link binnies, but I'm not on any benefits. The benefit I have is waking up every morning !!!

Richard
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

You little )de: Richard :-D :-D
wendy

Post by wendy »

Wimp.......what happened to the cardboard box on the central reservation of the M1 ???

Good on yer, have to have a little warmth for the old bones.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
Richard

Post by Richard »

I tried the Cardboard Box Wendy, but someone thought I was a 42" Plasma.
It was OK til they tried to work out where to put the HD Cable.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

OUCH :shock:
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

Richard, from experience, the cats are going to fight you for it anyway! )de: You may have to get them one of their own )t'
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Good on you Richard. I have had my electric blanket for may years, yes I know it should be checked, but mine stays on the bed permanently, that way it never gets folded and bent. I sometimes get carried away on DLT, and the bed is hot when I have to push the cats off to get in.

Ilona
:-D
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

Well, that sounds a bargain, and you obviously need a little warmth these chilly nights (my friend down South says its been very cold - insists its been colder than here)

I have one of those oil filled radiators due to having no central heating, and have that on about an hour before bed. People keep on at me to leave it on all night, as it does not use much electric, but I alway turn it off. So many blankets on the bed, its a wonder I can get out of it in the mornings. And thats when I feel the cold after being cocooned in there all night.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I can't sleep if the radiators are on. (If someone's been messing with the controls of the cenral heating). Nice to have a warm bedroom to undress in, though.