Britains tightest Person C4 Fri.9th.Feb

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
chickenchaser
Legendary Laner

Post by chickenchaser »

Hi Ilona

I thought you came across really well and the bit in the supermarket really made me laugh. The total for all those carrier bags full was really impressive!

The programme was different to how I thought it would be but I really enjoyed it. You never told us you were going to get your kit off for the lads,though LOL

You'll definitely get a soul-mate now after flashing your pins on national TV!

Well done (f+
Jackie xx
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

love the '2 for a wee 3 for a poo'
better than if it's yellow let it mellow if its brown flush it down.

Watch out you will be invited out by eligable chaps!

you can watch channel 4 on demand

follow this link you might need to install some software but i've just found the clip here!!

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the- ... est-person

I really enjoyed seeing you Mean Queen, Thank you you came across well.
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
jo68
Legendary Laner

Post by jo68 »

(f+ (f+ (f+

that was great Ilona )c( )c( )c( my dad does the same to wash

jo x
mum of 5,nanny to 2,2 cats,1 jack russell,6 chickens and a hubby.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

very good Ilona - you were the difference between tight and frugal - you being frugal of course !!

Look forward to hearing all the repercussions !

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh no! Originally posted this on the wrong thread so have copied it and am pasting it here!

Posted: Today - 09:33 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ilona - thought you were absolutely great - just as I had imagined and it was as if I had known you for ages!!!!!! Those pants look even better on the line than in the written word!!!

My hubby was a bit confused when I said a friend of mine is on this programme.........isn't it weird......but DTL has that effect!

By the way - did you see corrie tonight? Anton was serving the drinks......................................

WELL DONE!
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

kate egg wrote:My boys .....kept saying 'she's not going to take her clothes off is she, er mum she's taken her clothes off

They'll grow out of it Kate!!!!! Well, maybe!!! :shock:

(p.s. did you like the editing?? :oops: )
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

Thanks for all your comments, I had to go round to my friends house to watch it, and couldn't stop laughing at my bit, and the farmer and his chainsaw. That was 10 hours filming, 3 hours in Tes co, and the whole Saturday at my house.

Forgot to mention about getting my kit off, I thought they might not include it, but it looked ok, now everybody in my village is going to know I wash in the kitchen. :oops: I thought I looked very old, wish I'd put some makeup on, and why do I pull a funny face when I talk, and I hate my glasses. I liked the shopping bit best, it was such good fun to do, and I really did get a lot for £7.30. Wonder if I will get loads of frugal fellas asking me for a date now, that would be fun.

Thanks p.penn, I do consider you my friend, and everyone else on here. Hi Charlwood, it was filmed about six weeks ago. Hi Lilo, I'm glad you got your cat back. Thanks Bollybarb for putting the link on there.

Keep a look out for me in the Independant, not sure when it is coming out. I'm a bit lost now, it's nice being famous.

Ilona
vyxxn
Lively Laner

Post by vyxxn »

Great program. - they never showed your veg garden though - I thought it was on at 9PM so missed it and then had to rent it for 99p !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D :-D
www.vyxxn.co.uk
FREE RANGE MOTORCYCLING AT ITS BEST
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

You were fantastic Ilona. My hubby would like to marry you! )c(

I missed it at 7.30 as we've had manic day but hubby downloaded plugin for 4-on-demand, only took a couple of minutes. Well worth it :-D :-D

Lucy xx
Teasal
Longlasting Laner

Post by Teasal »

I managed to feed all the animals and get back to the house just in time.

I thought you came across well Ilona - loved the bit with the pants on the washing line . I definitely thought you were the most frugal and should have been the winner.
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Ilona, although I missed the programme and couldn't get the download on the channel 4 website to work, I have just viewed the clip that was linked above - thanks for that bollybarb )t'

To be honest with you I think you did come over very well, seemed very natural on camera and very much at ease. Very entertaining the pants bit, your sense of humour came over very well. Also watched the builder guy clip and he again came over very well on camera I thought.

I was thinking what they reminded me of and it's just dawned on me, remember those series of programmes where people say in the cobbling, dress-making, and other types of business would share trade secrets and tips with you.

Well done, Ilona! I can imagine that we will see more of you on the telly - well done for getting your kit off as well.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

My hubby and I watched the programme and we thought you were great Ilona! You came across as being really genuine and nice and you were much better than that bloke at the end! I think they could have done a whole programme just on you and your frugal living ideas! (f+

and

If you want to meet your soulmate then you should get onto an internet dating site because that's how I met my husband and I didn't have to spend a penny on drinks down at the pub to meet someone!!!! )t'
Dee
Longlasting Laner

Brilliant

Post by Dee »

IIona i thought you were brilliant....well done
xxxx
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

A Star is Born!!

Well done Ilona!

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
spudley
Legendary Laner

Post by spudley »

I was so chuffed for you, you came across great, not tight at all. I think that they should have shown more of your tips though like two pairs of curtains (it works). You wear the same amount of clothes as me in the house, sometimes i think if i fall over i will never get up.
I told everyone that my friend was going to be on the telly, I was really touched when you said that you wanted a soul mate, he will be out there it will be eyes meeting over the reducing gun!.
I follow the reducer around as well. there is nothing wrong or odd with that, its perfectly economically sensible, and not odd. Well done. One question though, why did they concentrate on the blokes knicker thing when there was so much that the could talk about, also with the bloke from wales why did they concentrate on his scented candle idea, when i am sure that he also had much better things going on. I though that was odd, the way they picked up on one eccentricity from each of you.

Brill though well done and very very brave of you
5 dogs, 15 chickens (6 ex batts) 1 cockerel, and very limited tech skills