Le salvager

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Le salvager

Post by Sunny B »

Brilliant programme I've just discovered on Quest (Freeview 38) with a chap building all sorts of things from recycled wood and other stuff.
It's on at the moment - 2 - 3pm on Thursday afternoon.
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
AL37
Admin Moderator

Re: Le salvager

Post by AL37 »

Rico Daniels is a man I could get on with. We have a lot in common. :-D
LE salvager started when he moved to France, he did do A couple of series in the UK when he was known as..........Hmmm what was it now?
Oh yes THE salvager. )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Just when I am on my way to be a lollipop lady - though Alex will probably breathe a sigh of relief as I have the ideas and he has to do the work
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
Sunny B
Legendary Laner

Post by Sunny B »

AL37 wrote:Rico Daniels is a man I could get on with. We have a lot in common. :-D
[

How true, I thought he looked familiar

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Missing my little friend Sunny Clucker
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

{rofwl} Sunny, I used to have a goatee beard, I cut it off a couple of years ago.
I used to dye it a pretty colours at christmas, although it was never as unkempt as Ricos. )grin2(
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

The/Le Salvager is the only DIY-type programme Simon will watch (mind you if Wheeler Dealers is on at the same time Rico always comes off second best) & I love the prog too. Just wish I was more of a DIY-er (or that Simon was...or that at least if I said "ooo that's a good idea we could do something like that" he'd reply "yes definitely, I'll get right on it" instead of "what do you want that for?").
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Rico rocks and makes everything look so easy, hmm helps to have a fully equipped workshop though. My hubby fantasises about Rico's workshop ... presumably minus Rico.

A while back he posted on his facebook page that he had returned to England as he had a minor stroke, his page hasn't really been updated since then.
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

Mrs B wrote:....A while back he posted on his facebook page that he had returned to England as he had a minor stroke, his page hasn't really been updated since then.

Oh no! Hope he's ok...
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

Just a quick update, Rico's Facebook page is now updated and it seems he is back in France and thinking of offering mushroom hunting holidays at his place.
secret squirrel
Legendary Laner

Post by secret squirrel »

Saw several of his programs on `cable`at the weekend. Excellent!! )t'
Good to see him back. Didnt know he was now living in France though. He makes things look so easy. )gr: I like the `rustic` nature of some of the things he makes.
lorna
I`m not a teacher for nothing, you know!! If I was clever, I`d be dangerous.
foghornleghorn2
Legendary Laner

Post by foghornleghorn2 »

He has a certain imagination thats for sure.

He built a greenhouse on one of his programmes, really clever guy. He's not too fussed on the finish quality but high on the practicality. Sad to hear he's not been well {cry}
[center]Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit[/center]

Calm down dear ! It's only a forum
nippy_dee
Lively Laner

Post by nippy_dee »

I really do hope Rico is well after his minor stroke.

My fella and I are glued to his programme - and our heads buzz with ideas! My favorites are the table, kitchen area, the huge chair and bird scarer that included Ricos' image :-D

Le / The Salvager both great series!
'It is better to live one day as a tiger, than a lifetime as a sheep'
Family is Me, Himself, Dog, Cat, Goldfish and 9 hens - Milly & Molly (Marans) Amber Star, White Star, Storm (Bluebell), Speckledy and 3 Warrens.
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

The man is a ledgend!

)t'
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.